Music doesn't add correctly / "Remote share: couldn't connect to network server"
I just got a new Android phone and was excited to discover that there is a Kodi port for Android, but I've so far had all kinds of problems I've never encountered with the PC version.

All of my added movies work fine, but when I try to scan in a folder of music from an external SD card, half of it to most of it ends up not showing up, or at least the database doesn't sort it properly (like a rock album showing up on the front page, but no "rock" section being present under "genre"), and when I click on "Albums" or "Artists", I get the following error:

"Remote share: couldn't connect to network server"

All of my music is on the memory card. I'm not trying to "remote share" anything, haven't changed any network settings AFAIK, and multiple uninstalls and reinstalls don't help.

Any idea what's going on? It's a shame, because Kodi's my favorite PC media player, and the only free Android player that comes close to behaving how I want.
You will need to provide a debug log. The instructions are in my signature. Use the Basic method. Once you have enabled debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging, restart Kodi then replicate the problem. Once done upload to pastebin and link back here.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
It's worth noting that the above happened after I found my external SD card automatically added as a source (as "SD card") after installing Kodi and scanned the music folder from there. I just found where said SD card is mounted in the filesystem and added it as a completely new music source, and it appears to be working - "rock" now appears under "genre".

This might fix the issue, since I added the video folder directly in the same way, and the videos work fine (I couldn't figure out how to add a new source folder for music, but found it in "settings" a minute or two ago).

However, all of the album art and whatnot disappeared in between my last post and trying what I'm talking about in the first paragraph of this one - adding from the "SD card" folder instead of adding my music folder as a new source appears to have screwed up the database somehow.

Is there some way to nuke the database entirely and start over?

I'll post again when the damn thing finishes scanning (a good 80GB of music here). Thanks for your help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music doesn't add correctly / "Remote share: couldn't connect to network server"0