Solved Any way to show a different icon if day or night?
Question 
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to come up with a way to show a weather icon with a daytime or a night time background depending on the current time. The solution I thought had the best chance of success was to set an alarm in a onload tag in startup.xml to set a skin boolean to true if time was between sun rise and sunset. I can see a number of way that this could fail, so would not be certain I was on the right track unless I managed to get it to work the first time.

So, a couple of questions.

Is the AlarmClock function just restricted to time elapsed or can you get it to trigger at a particular time,?

If you can set a particular time, what is the correct format for the command as the wiki appears a little vague on the details?

Is there some hidden info string or some such that I can use to obtain the current local sunrise and sunset times or would I just have to assume 6am sunrise and 6pm sunset?

And most importantly, has anyone managed to achieve something similar, and if so how?

Wyrm (AppTV)
Code:
System.Time(startTime,endTime)

or depending on your weather addon

Code:
Today.Sunrise
Today.Sunset
Hitcher,

Overthinking things as usual, thanks that would be a lot simpler. Do you know if I could use a $VAR for starttime, endtime as that would allow me to use Today.Sunrise if available otherwise just use 06:00 if not?

Ta Wyrm
I don't, sorry.
Hitcher,

Thanks mate, have been testing over the last few days to make sure was working. System.Time was the goods. Don’t know if you can use $VAR as parameters as turns out I was already using a $VAR to display the icon (allows the user to change default icon). Just added additional lines to my existing $VAR to handle the situation of alternative sunrise/sunset times being available.

Once again, thanks for the help.
Wyrm
No problem - last time I used this was for XeeBo.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any way to show a different icon if day or night?0