Accessing hidden .kodi Directory on LibreElec
I moved my openelec install over to libreelec for kodi 17. When I did that my editing of the samba.conf file worked fine and I could access over windows the .kodi folder. Over the weekend I upgraded libreelec to 17.4 and now it no longer allows me to see that folder in windows. When I check the samba.conf file I do see this

[storage]
  path = /storage
  available = yes
  browsable = yes
  public = yes
  writable = yes

Am I missing something? did it change with the newer versions to browse to the folder?

Here is my global below. Not sure I even need the global in it.

[global]
  server string = LibreELEC
  workgroup = WORKGROUP
  netbios name = %h
  security = share
  guest account = root
  socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_RCVBUF=65536 SO_SNDBUF=65536
  smb ports = 445
  max protocol = SMB2
  min receivefile size = 16384
  deadtime = 30
  os level = 20
  mangled names = no
  syslog only = yes
  syslog = 2
  name resolve order = lmhosts wins bcast host
  preferred master = yes
  domain master = yes
  local master = yes
  printcap name = /dev/null
  load printers = no
  browseable = yes
  writeable = yes
  printable = no
  encrypt passwords = true
  enable core files = no
  passdb backend = smbpasswd
  smb encrypt = disabled
  use sendfile = yes
Try logging in via coreftp lite
See also the release notes concerning the changes to samba

https://libreelec.tv/2017/09/libreelec-k...-1-2-beta/
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
It depends which subfolder from .kodi you need. The folder .kodi itself is hidden, and can only be accessed via SSH.
For SMB matters, enable the SMBv1 in the LibreELEC Settings Add-on in case of an emergency. SMBv2 is now the default setting.
(2017-10-16, 19:17)hewligun Wrote: Am I missing something? did it change with the newer versions to browse to the folder?

You missed this in the announcement:
Quote:Samba detects v3 /storage/.config/samba.conf configurations and ignores them to avoid the Samba service failing on startup. If this happens Samba starts with a default v4 configuration. Custom Samba configurations must be updated to use the new Samba 4.x base template (samba.conf.sample).

Copy the new samba.conf.sample to samba.conf then add your [storage] share to the end of samba.conf.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
So I edited the sample file and added the storage to the bottom and rebooted but it still is not working.
(2017-10-16, 20:02)hewligun Wrote: So I edited the sample file and added the storage to the bottom and rebooted but it still is not working.

You don't edit the sample file, you copy it to your new samba.conf and edit samba.conf.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-10-16, 20:09)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-10-16, 20:02)hewligun Wrote: So I edited the sample file and added the storage to the bottom and rebooted but it still is not working.

You don't edit the sample file, you copy it to your new samba.conf and edit samba.conf.

Sorry that is what I meant. used WinSCP and copied it then renamed it to samba.conf and added this at the end

[storage]
  path = /storage
  available = yes
  browsable = yes
  public = yes
  writable = yes
  root preexec = mkdir -p /storage

then i copied it back and rebooted. I am not sure if i need the root prexec at the end but all the others in the sample had it.
I got it working. For whatever reason removing the other directories and just making the storage one fixed it. Thanks for the help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Accessing hidden .kodi Directory on LibreElec0