XBMC through screen sharing
This isn't a major issue, just kind of an annoyance. Occasionally I'll Leopard's Screen Sharing application on my MBP to make a configuration change in XBMC (full screen) on the MacMini attached to my TV. The problem is, when I do this I get what I guess are scan lines flickering in the Screen Sharing window, it's annoying and makes reading options tough. Is there anyway to prevent this, is there some sort of refresh rate that I specify that works for both SS and my TV? Thanks.
Change to windowed mode, it's better because your mouse can access all the options this way too.
If I do that then I have the stupid bar at the top of my screen when I'm watching on my TV.
That's funny, you're the second person I know who uses a laptop via screen sharing as a remote control.

Hopefully the enhancements coming up with respect to Apple Remote and remotes in general will make your approach less needed.

-elan
Make me the third... I use the apple remote most of the time but since my mini has no keyboard/mouse Screen sharing is used to tinker add/remove files, etc. etc.

There are issues involving full screen and XBMC functions that drive me nuts, those being the flicker issues, OS X curser not disappearing sometimes and OS X and XBMC cursor "separating" from the OS X cursor.
thelaughingman Wrote:If I do that then I have the stupid bar at the top of my screen when I'm watching on my TV.

Which bar? I have a mac mini plugged into my TV and I can switch between full/windowed mode with little issues. Just note that when in full screen mode you have to keep the mouse in the same area that would be taken up by windowed mode. If you move it outside the cursors separate and you can be stuck with a black cursor sitting on top of your move. Also when you
You can use a free software called teleport to use a laptop as a remote control : it's really useful.

Once it's installed on the two computers, you can use the keyboard and the mouse of your laptop as they would be connected to the remoted computer Nod and use them directly to your TV screen (drag 'n drop is also possible between the two cumputers)

try it it's free Big Grin

PS : only one annoyance, if you are in fullscreen mode in xbmc you can't go back to the laptop
Interesting software but I don't see what the benefits are over the built in screen sharing in Leopard. Guess I'm just hard coded into using ARD for everything Tongue
hi,
Have u guys heard about screen sharing software from livelook. It is been really good and working with out any issues. You guys can try that. Hope this helps....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC through screen sharing0