• 13(current)
v18 Grid for Leia
(2019-04-12, 00:09)GK8010 Wrote: Great stuff, thank you. I’ll have to find a tutorial on how to use what you’ve written in your last. I’m a basic end user...

Basically, you need to install these addons:

grid ui sounds
fanart grabber
skin helper service
skin shortcuts
watchlist
skin helper service widgets
skin helper backgrounds

I believe there are a few more too. In Kodi (while using Grid) if you go to System/Skin Settings/Add-ons it will show you the ones you need and if they're installed (checkmark to the right).

I also see:

Artist Slideshow
Autocompletion for Virtual Keyboard
Cinemavision
Colorbox
CU LRC Lyrics
Extended Info
Global Search
Library Data Provider
Skin Helper Service Colorpicker
Fantastic, thank you!

I’ve got check marks against the ones you listed (first list) except skin helper backgrounds; it isn’t listed checked or not.

I see the ones from your second list all unchecked.
(2019-04-12, 00:35)GK8010 Wrote: Fantastic, thank you!

I’ve got check marks against the ones you listed (first list) except skin helper backgrounds; it isn’t listed checked or not.

You should install this repo to get more updated versions of that and other tools.
Awesome, thank you very much!
Hello! So I fell at the first hurdle and tried to install from the Zip file.  However, it isnt letting me! Please help!
(2019-04-13, 13:44)djr_fox Wrote: Hello! So I fell at the first hurdle and tried to install from the Zip file.  However, it isnt letting me! Please help!

See the my post on the previous page.
(2019-04-13, 13:45)desepticon Wrote:
(2019-04-13, 13:44)djr_fox Wrote: Hello! So I fell at the first hurdle and tried to install from the Zip file.  However, it isnt letting me! Please help!

See the my post on the previous page.
Thank you sir/ma’am! I will look into how we can make more improvements if people want to come on this journey with me?
(2019-04-08, 15:04)desepticon Wrote:
(2019-04-08, 01:10)djr_fox Wrote: I have been a (fuse) neue for a long time now and I have just seen Grid!  I love it already and it is a shame that there is no more development on it. I might even try my hand at some to get it back up and running!

One thing that comes to mind is that its set up for Artwork Downloader, which no longer works in Leia, instead of Artwork Beef. Another thing that kind of bugs me is the play/resume screen.
I've been using Artwork Beef on GRiD since Artwork Downloader stopped working.  What doesn't work for you?
Guys, today my system (Kodi on OSMS running on raspberry) upgraded to Leia, and disabled my GRID skin, saying that it's incompatible... As I understand I do have to reinstall it (version 1.5.1) to version 2.X, correct? But with some manual tweaks - as no grid version shows up in repository search for me now?

Will the settings backup be valid from 1.5.1 or am I screwed and have to go trough all the configuration (which I no longer remember after over a year) again?
(2019-04-12, 00:35)GK8010 Wrote: Fantastic, thank you!

Can't get skin.helper.backgrounds from marcel or kodi repository, is it needed?
Hi Everyone!

Since I couldn't find an alternative skin which looks this good, I will try to maintain this project. I won't include new features, but if there is a bug I will try to fix it.
I have published a new version, with the addon file fixed in it. So it should work on v18.

If anyone wants to contribute I will be very happy with it. I won't have much time for a few weeks now, but if you do a PR I will have a look at it (as I saw in jeroenpardon's repo PRs are also not merged).

The new version is here: https://github.com/radokristof/skin.grid...ag/2.3.5.1

The repo itself: https://github.com/radokristof/skin.grid
Fantastic news! Thank you so much
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
Great! I've tried to contact with Jeroen some time ago but… no luck Sad
Polish language translator/maintainer for Grid skin.
I use this skin pretty much exclusively. I'd been just manually editing the pieces that didn't work with Kodi 18. Glad someone is at least keeping it functional. Appreciate the effort!
(2019-06-06, 16:30)rkrisi Wrote: Hi Everyone!

Since I couldn't find an alternative skin which looks this good, I will try to maintain this project. I won't include new features, but if there is a bug I will try to fix it.
I have published a new version, with the addon file fixed in it. So it should work on v18.

If anyone wants to contribute I will be very happy with it. I won't have much time for a few weeks now, but if you do a PR I will have a look at it (as I saw in jeroenpardon's repo PRs are also not merged).

The new version is here: https://github.com/radokristof/skin.grid...ag/2.3.5.1

The repo itself: https://github.com/radokristof/skin.grid

Really great news. I've been running v17 of Kodi and might finally take the leap to v18, so any maintenance to get it running on current versions of Kodi is awesome. Thanks for this.

I'm curious how well Grid runs on v19 (and if there have been any major skinning changes that will break it). Jeoren really is a master at design, and no other skins come close to this one in terms of simplicity/beauty/function so I hope that Grid/ReFocus can continue on.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Grid for Leia3