Solved Kodi crashes upon launch
So I just decided to try out the newest nightly of Kodi v18 (KodiSetup-20171113-e50522cdf2-master-x64).  I'm upgrading from v17.6, running Windows 7 x64.  Not sure if it matters, but I feel it might, I'm using an Nvidia GeForce GT 610 graphics card w/ the newest drivers from the Geforce Experience program (v388.13).  It's old, I know it sucks, but it works for what I need.  I can't afford anything better at the moment.  After the installation when I try to launch kodi, it will appear in the Task Manager for a few seconds, then the task disappears.  I went through the advancedsettings.xml file and added in debug logging with all verbose components enabled as described in the wiki, and here's a link to my log file. kodi.log

I found a link online with some suggestions of stuff to try, I have tried renaming the userdata folder in the %appdata% directory to userdata.old, forcing kodi to create a new folder upon launch, in case something I added was causing it to crash, that didn't help, I also tried the same with the addons and cache folder as well, and I still go the same result.  Kodi crashes upon launch.  I am able to reinstall the newest release for v17.6 and that works without any issues.  I hope this is enough info to get the ball rolling on this.

Thanks in advance for any assistance. Big Grin
Welcome aboard xD

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=323867
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=323584
Son of a monkeys uncle...  Well... that build(KodiSetup-20171101-150591e802-master-x64 ) works.  Thank you for that insight, Kasugano.  Still kinda curious as to why the newest nightly doesn't work.  Anyway, not too important, the addon I wanted to use finally works now that I'm up to v18.  Now off to bed.
Thread marked solved.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Is it really solved though?  The original issue is that the latest nightly build crashes upon launch.  A "proper" resolution shouldn't just be "use an older version".  Just saying...

Should I look into submitting a bug report about this issue instead?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi crashes upon launch0