v17 How do I transfer just one installed addon from one Kodi to another?
Hi!

I have an installed addon on one Kodi that its repository is dead. Is there any way I can transfer only this one installed addon to another Kodi?

Thanks!
Yes there is.

Which addon is it, and which device OS are the source and destination devices running?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2018-01-01, 23:13)DarrenHill Wrote: Yes there is.

Which addon is it, and which device OS are the source and destination devices running?
 Thank you! It's plugin.video.ebs_kan, and from Mac to Raspberry Pi 3.
On the Mac go to

/Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/packages

(insert your logged-in user name in the bit with the <>'s)

That folder is the cache of all the currently installed add-on zip files. Hopefully you should find the one for your add-on in there. Just copy it to a USB stick and install it on the Pi in the usual way (via install from zip).

If there's no zip file for it there then go up a level (to the addons folder) and you should see a folder for the add-on (it should be called plugin.video.ebs_kan). Copy that to the equivalent folder on the Pi (normally /storage/.kodi/addons - noting the . in front of the kodi folder meaning it's a hidden folder that you may need to activate viewing hidden files/folders to see). If you do it that way though you will need to manually go into the add-on manager within Kodi and enable the new add-on, as it will be disabled by default when installed that way.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Useful answer still after more than 3 years.  I just used you method to copy an obsolete but functional addon from one machine to another.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I transfer just one installed addon from one Kodi to another?0