Kodi 17.6 - External players
Hello everyone. Just registered to this forum. As the title says, i want someone to give me an answer to the question.
I've been messing around the past 3 hours, searching everywhere, trying to configure VLC as an external player on Kodi. I have tried every code i have seen on this forum, but none of them seem to get the job done. I've tried opening an IPTV stream i have. Also in that playercorefactory.xml i have input every filetype possible, like m3u, m3u8, ts etc. And no luck.
What is the problem? Can someone tell me if i still can manage and configure VLC to play as an external player?

Thank you so much in advance!
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Did you see this thread https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=256537 or this wiki External players (wiki) should be just cut & paste.  As Klojum suggested, a proper debug log posted to a public pastebin and that URL linked back to this thread might have a clue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.6 - External players0