Why is the ui so laggy S912 with libreelec?
Today I picked up an Amlogic T95k S912 2gb ram for $20. Got it from someone on Facebook that thought it was broken since his addons were dead. I figured for $20 what could I lose and it’d be fun to mess with.

Got home and installed libreelec to a class 10 sd card. The general ui is pretty fluid until I start searching for content. It takes 10 minutes to just scrape for sources. Even cancelling a couple minutes in it hangs for 10 minutes. As far as playing content the streams are flawless at all resolutions. I don’t think it’s the internet for that reason, plus kodi on my laptop moves through things much quicker, like 20-30 seconds or less over WiFi. At first I thought maybe cosmic saints build was just too heavy. So I removed everything and installed a single add on. Still the same story. Is this just what is expected from a S912 box or is there a fix to speed it up? Secondly is this the same responsiveness a shield or Xbox one would have? I could take a video if needed but I assure you it’ll be really boring.
Maybe you should head over to the Librelec forums?

Also, if you are using Banned add-ons (wiki) there is no support here.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thank you I’ll ask over there as well.
It's probably what you can expect from a box that's been screwed up and broken by the aforementioned piracy banned addons (wiki) and builds...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Yeah, I've already updated the naughty list with two entries. Smile
Slow UI's on AMLogic / RPi LE devices can be from a poor choice of microSDHC card. Not all are created equal, especially for random 4K R/W performance.

https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-microsd-card/

Not all AMLogic devices are created equal either. WiFi and RAM speed and performance are variable due to inferior hardware used, cheaper boxes will just not perform as well as say a S912 MINIX U9. You get what you pay for.

Expecting Intel levels of performance from a $20 - $50 box is just dreamland stuff. Especially if the Intel box has a HDD or SSD.

A good AML LE general speedup is to do this:

[HOWTO] Boot from SD card, use internal memory for data (click)

and also use a Wireless remote control. No missed Infra Red button pressings then.

Scraping is mostly dependent on external factors like themovie.db or IMDB servers, that may actually be slow or down for a particular time period. No new hardware is going to magically improve that situation.

If you're sure you don't need Android, you can move LE to internal NAND. Should get you a bit of a performance boost. Just need to SSH in and type installtointernal.
(2018-02-13, 18:17)hdmkv Wrote: If you're sure you don't need Android, you can move LE to internal NAND. Should get you a bit of a performance boost. Just need to SSH in and type installtointernal.
 Yep - I have an S905 box I did this with (as it was pointless to run Android on it for my requirements, and so I had no need to keep Android on the internal flash) - and it is pretty responsive.
Do S912 boxes with LE get automatically updated or is the process for updating/upgradIng LE manual?
Yes they did, for @kszaq's most recent S912 versions of LE.
Further updates for LE Kodi Krypton have pretty much ceased because all LE developers are concentration on Kodi Leia which will support quite a number of new Hardware platforms.

And for AMLogic, maybe with a working mainline Linux Kernel.

The reference LibreELEC hardware, WeTek's, ODROID C2, RPi's and Intel always autoupdated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why is the ui so laggy S912 with libreelec?0