v18 problem with Plex for kodi add on
Hello, I'm a new user.

I have a new NAS from QNAP and wanted to use Plex server on it to acces my own private videos collection from other devices and from anywhere.

I just discovered that flex cannot stream on DLNA old TVs and wanted to use Kodi with Plex add on to overpass that problem.

Therefore, I installed and configured Plex server on my Qnap NAS, then downloaded latest Kodi x64 on win7X64PC, working like a charm, then added the Plex Add on.
I have no connection neither NAT router problem to connect to my NAS,  neither from Plex than from any other app, localy or from the web from other IPs.
Everything is working well.
Except the fact that when i launch Plex add on from Kodi, it seems to connect to the NAS, but displays nothing.

A part from the Kodi log shows this
Quote:20:14:38.634 T:7088  NOTICE: script.plex: API: GET https:// ( the NAS local  IP.digits ) .plex.direct:32400/hubs?X-Plex-Token=****
20:14:38.795 T:7088  NOTICE: script.plex: Showing hubs - Section: None - Update: True
20:14:38.795 T:7088  NOTICE: script.plex: Hub: home.continue (0)
20:14:38.795 T:7088  NOTICE: script.plex: Hub: home.ondeck (0)
20:14:38.795 T:7088  NOTICE: script.plex: Hub: home.playlists (0)
20:14:38.795 T:7088  NOTICE: script.plex: Hub: home.movies.recent (10)
20:14:38.803 T:7088  NOTICE: script.plex: Hub: home.television.recent (0)
20:14:38.803 T:7088  NOTICE: script.plex: Hub: home.videos.recent (0)
20:14:38.803 T:7088  NOTICE: script.plex: Hub: home.photos.recent (0)
20:14:38.804 T:7088  NOTICE: script.plex: Hub: home.music.recent (0)
20:14:38.804 T:7088  NOTICE: script.plex: BGThreader (queue.0:worker.0): Idle
It seems the connexion succeeds, ( I am on local network with PC and NAS, but it seems Plex add-on accesses the web to check PlexTV account, lines above in the debug log, and with success... I don't think the problem is there), and i can acces the NAS from Plex app from my android smartphone in 4G without problem.

Here, from Kodi on my PC, it seems to connect, (log above) but there is no object sent back to Plex python script in Kodi...
then the kodi screen seems to stay waiting, until I close it (ESC key) because Nothing displayed, even after a very long time...
That quote above show a ' 10 ' in recent movies, because I just added some new ones before the test.
BUT there are plenty of vids on the Plex server on the NAS that are not showed neither counted in the "home.video.recent" line...
I don't know well python scripts, and am just starting with that stuff...

the problem is I found no information about that problem on the web.

Is it a Kodi parameter that is wrong ? is it a bug in the Plex add on ? is it something else ?
I suppose i am doing something wrong, but can't find what.

That is why I registered and posted on the forum.

Maybe I can ask on Plex forums too, but I want to check Kodi before, because all my Plex stuff if working out of Kodi.

I had a doubt about the v18 x64 version of Kodi, but in the log, it seems it launches v17 APIs without problem... And I tried with v17 x34 version without anymore success...

I'd much appreciate any help or suggestion. Thanks in advance.
well, Plex add on not compatible with v18 for know...

But i have exactly same problems with v17 x32....   maybe a ssl connection pb with the Qnap unix layer ?

will try to search elsewhere if noone has any idea. Bye
Will this help 

https://support.plex.tv/articles/2046042...ia-server/

I THINK, there are two ways of using Plex, the official one, & Plex connect  

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/210023...tant-notes

Also, 

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/264209...npht-1-8-0
I'll try KPC rather than plex official add on, many people seems to have problems with it, and dev team doesn't seem to be very active...
thanks for the links, but I already saw them... no connection pb, sure

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
problem with Plex for kodi add on0