HiFi Skin 2.0 alpha 1
ok, the ar of thumbs is fixed now. (thanx to frodo)

also, some imdb info scrolls now and you need to adjust your skin for that. will be in todays cvs i think.
great.
i have a look at it tonight.
thanks.
ok guys.
i hope you love the new layout.
it will be in the next cvs.

i've playing around with gif-animation in imageready but xbmc doesn't seems to play it correctly.

floink: what program do you use for animated gifs ?
also tried to add some animated gif's to a skin. made them in animation shop 3 (by jasc software). they shoved up in a square, totally corrupted...
i use imagereadycs. make sure you set the gif-anim to "restore to background" if you get strange transperancy effects. otherwise i haven't seen any problems since frodo applied some of his 'gif standard reverse engineering' magic Smile
onkel - i use hifi exclusively and can't wait to see an update. are you thinking animated gifs for the background? it would be great if the "spotlight" highlight thing moved around subtly.

aren't gifs limited to 256 colors tho?
no, sorry.
only some small animations will follow.
i don't want to overload the gui and i'm not able to animate big things.
if someone can generate animated files for the root/home section of the hifi skin let me know.
it would be nice to have animated clouds, hd, ...

yes gifs are limited to 256 colors and a hard cutted transparency.
it's not up to date.

animated pngs would be nice but i don't know if there exists a format like this.
sounds like small .avi or .mpg files embedded in the gui would be a better solution (but harder to implement). i guess they don't have transparency at all tho...
a tip: animted backgrounds can be made by using a scaled gif in the very back, behind background.png and make background.png semi transparent. by thinking smart here some really cool stuff can be made. and this would offcourse also be applicable to movies in the background.

still, like you say ob one have to be carefull not to overload the gui with flashy cool looking stuff.
i just want a subtle pulsing background, very classy, like tivo or xp mce...

did you just say you can embed videos in the gui?
in home.xml there is the command "align". "right" works but what`s about "center" (in the case of labelling a button)?
yes, this would be nice and align right also doesn't work for buttons !?
>make sure you set the gif-anim to "restore to background".

thanks floink.
it's hard to find but it works.
onkel bouncy, you did it again.
you amazed me with the new layout.
it's cool!!.

the animation on home is very slyck.
these small types of animations rock! and give it the hifi touch.

i'm not sure if i'm happy with the album art missing in the music overlay but it does fit hifi like you did it..

very cool, keep it up!
sorry to be a bother, but can anyone tell the rest of us how to keep up with the most recent version of hifi? allxboxskins.com?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HiFi Skin 2.0 alpha 10