Solved Problem with TMDB Scraper
I have several instances of Kodi running on FireTV boxes, all streaming off a windows 10 machine that I am using as my media server (SMB sharing), I also have my library set up using a shared MySQL DB.  I've had this set up for years and haven't had any issues with it. Recently I started having trouble with my SMB shares, Kodi could not connect to them (operation timed out Error). After messing around with all the SMB settings I could find and it still not working I opted to download some NFS server software for my windows machine.  So I have now set up all my media sources in Kodi to use the new NFS connections.

Since I would have to rebuild my library again as all the path's in the library were set to the SMB path's I dropped my databases in MySQL and started with a fresh install of Kodi 17.6 So far I have only set up Kodi on my windows desktop using the NFS Share's I'll update all the other instances of Kodi once I get the library rebuilt. 

I am now having a problem scraping/scanning any of my movies to the library. My TV Shows are scraping/scanning in correctly so the connection to the MySQL database seems to be working fine.  However every time I try to scrape either of my two movie sources in Kodi, it opens the scraping dialog box to show that it is scanning, but it just spins and shows 0% constantly and nothing gets added to the library.  Also if I go into settings and "stop scanning" the dialog box doesn't go away it just still keeps spinning. When I close Kodi, the window closes, but I have to go into Task Manager to actually end the task before I can restart Kodi again.

This is the debug log from my last attempt.  Any help with this would be much appreciated:

https://pastebin.com/sUKctMrc

HTPC: Acer Revo 3610, Windows 7, Latest XBMC Nightlies, Hulu Desktop, Netflix, and Harmony 300 Remote
Server: 4 TB (and growing) WHS
From the log, it looks like it's not finding your scraper settings. Make sure you have the latest scrapers updated and might be a good idea to clean out \userdata\addon_data\ 'your scraper' setting.xml and then re-establish the settings. This could be a network issue with the meta-data base, changing or upgrading might have precipitated the problem, curious that your TV shows scrape well.
Just to close this out, I tried what was suggested and cleared out my setting for the scraper and and tried again, still didn't seem to work.  Ended up doing another fresh uninstall (deleted all the app data) and re-installed Kodi, still didn't seem to be working.

I had a thought, through all of this my windows desktop has always been able to connect to the servers SMB shares (even though my fire TV Kodi instances couldn't), so I created the movies source using the SMB path on my windows desktop and scanned movies and it worked.  So next I deleted that source and cleared the library and re-setup my NFS Source, started it scanning the movies again, didn't seem to be doing anything in the 15 mins I watched it, but thought I'm just going to let it run all night and see what happens.

Woke up today and all the Movies and scanned/scraped successfully, so I guess I just needed more time than I was giving it before I would give up on it. (TV Shows and the SMB Movies Path started working quickly, but I would sit and watch the attempt for the Movies directory to scan for 5 to 10 mins and nothing was happening, no movies added to the library, but I guess that wasn't enough time for it to get started)

HTPC: Acer Revo 3610, Windows 7, Latest XBMC Nightlies, Hulu Desktop, Netflix, and Harmony 300 Remote
Eef, doubt I would have the patience for that, but glad it worked out in the end. Can I close this thread as 'solved?'
Yes, you can mark this as solved.

Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with TMDB Scraper0