full python 3+ support
I know they are currently plans to migrate to python 3, I am wondering what the time line is for expected full python 3.6. I am looking at writing a new add-on that may take some time to finish and I want to be sure by the time I finish it will work.

I can add python 3.6 in it if need be but I know y'all really don't want percomipled parts in add-ons.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
we're talking about v19
Thanks
You can write a 2/3 compatible addon. All libs for that are already in place. But including pre-compiled binaries is not allowed.
(2018-05-07, 15:59)Roman_V_M Wrote: You can write a 2/3 compatible addon. All libs for that are already in place. But including pre-compiled binaries is not allowed.

Good to know . As I am actually building the add-on outside of Kodi at the moment, as it is easier for me to troubleshoot everything is in the editor.

I am getting to a point where I am going to have to pick a database for my app. IIRC Kodi is headed toward a mariadb backend... Are there any test builds using this? As I would prefer a full stack MySQL over sqlite3, and if there are builds available maybe I could take advantage of that instead.

Thanks again everyone all the help.
Direct access to the Kodi database is not allowed too.  All interactions should be only via JSON-RPC. If you need your own database independent of Kodi,  pick whichever you like .
I understand that my point was if it is a full stack of mariadb as it is now with sqlite3 I could make my own DB using the same server... Because unless there is a special version of mariadb it will have to be a service running so that even Kodi official DB can connect 2.
only sqlite is guaranteed to be available.
(2018-05-20, 22:49)wsnipex Wrote: only sqlite is guaranteed to be available.

Thanks what I needed to know. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
full python 3+ support0