Refresh but keep set
Why have you started another thread on this same issue?

What seems to the be the problem? Is it that you do not know how to find your previous posts? If yes, then simply click the Find button underneath your avatar/picture

Merged into existing thread.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
In answer to your question, simply use the Kodi Movie Set Editor as shown on this page... https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_sets#Kodi_Movie_Set_Editor

Use the Bulk Management procedure.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Lol my question was not a duplicate of this question in any way except to use the word Set.  The issue I was referring to was how to build new sets from existing data cleanly.  This one deals with how to refresh metadata without losing set information.   But thanks for trying to help anyhow.

I did look at the movie set manager in Kodi.  It's horribly cumbersome when you are dealing with a large library.  I was hoping for recommendations for some outside utility to group movies into sets.
Lol, you never seem to be happy with any of the responses you get. Nothing is "quite" what you are looking for.

Oh well. I wont't bother in future.
My Signature
If you don't want to rescrape then you need to likely use either the GUI set management or the Chorus debug. While is also possible for external tools to access the Kodi database directly, I'm not sure if any of the currently available media managers are able to do that, so any use of an external manager may require you rescraping the items. You could perhaps try doing an export to separate files so what is stored in the Kodi database is put alongside the media files, then maybe one of the media managers can pick up this existing metadata to having to rescrape.

When trying stuff you should also consider adding a second Kodi install running in portable mode for the purpose of experimenting without ruining anything on the main install. Then when testing media managers create a separate test folder containing a small set of duplicates of your media files, so no harm can be done to what's stored in the main media file locations.
(2018-07-18, 01:39)jglazer63 Wrote: I am looking for a tool that would not only allow me to easily add a bunch of movies to a set but also merge existing sets without having to edit each individual .nfo file.
=
(2018-07-18, 03:17)Karellen Wrote: In answer to your question, simply use the Kodi Movie Set Editor as shown on this page... https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_sets#Kodi_Movie_Set_Editor

Use the Bulk Management procedure.

(2018-07-18, 05:55)jglazer63 Wrote: I was hoping for recommendations for some outside utility to group movies into sets.
Isn't this the reason your sets were messed up by trying to use a 3rd party utility? 3rd party utility have specific uses and you seem to forget that Kodi is capable of performing these same functions without their use.

You want NFO Files? Then setup your library exactly how you want it and Export to Separate Files.
My Signature
The problem perhaps is, is that in Kodi, a movie can be assigned to only 1 movie set. Creating your own set can be done, but it requires some manual labor as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Refresh but keep set0