Linux boxes can't access shares on windows machine
I've got two Kodi boxes running (RPi3 and ODroid) that have been running fine over the past 18 months. Both connect to a windows 10 machine running MySQL to share all of it's information. both boot up and can connect to get the information from MySQL but when I try to play it fails. When I try to connect to that machine via any Linux machines in the house they fail but I can connect from my windows machines with no problem. I've tried removing and re-adding the shares, checking permissions, turning off windows firewall but still fails to connect. I'm not sure what could have changed to this machine, It's only used as a media server for the Kodi boxes.
(2018-10-01, 16:40)brusk Wrote: I'm not sure what could have changed to this machine
It's likely the Windows machine changed from SMBv1 to SMBv2 sharing. It requires a Windows user that also has a password set to its account.
(2018-10-01, 16:46)Klojum Wrote:
(2018-10-01, 16:40)brusk Wrote: I'm not sure what could have changed to this machine
It's likely the Windows machine changed from SMBv1 to SMBv2 sharing. It requires a Windows user that also has a password set to its account.
I'll look into the SMBv1 vs SMBv2 stuff as for user it was already set to a use credentials for the share

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Linux boxes can't access shares on windows machine0