2 screens, 1 remote...help!
Hi, ive recently stuck a second monitor on the HTPC so i can continue to use the net whilst the missus is watching kodi downstairs on the tv, all is good, everything set up working.
However, theres one small issue, the remote control, its a usb type thing, maplin one that we have been using for ages, and works great to be fair, the problem is if i am using the computer upstairs i am using the mouse, so when she comes to change a show on kodi, the remote wont work cause the pointer is on my screen, so we have to drag the pointer to the kodi screen, press the remotes mouse key and then continue to use...

My question is, how do i get the remote so its for that screen only, and she can use kodi as usual and at the same time i can use the net etc?
thank you
Kodi really wasn't designed for multi-tasking, but success in some cases has encouraged users to suggest all hardware conflagrations will work (this may not be the case). One PC and more than one input can be troubling, but not impossible (I'm using a FLIRC (wiki) device with extended screen, using the PC does cause mouse input, to re-establish connection, I use a mapped windows key  / ). Best suggestion would be another device (perhaps one ot the Android boxes).
yeah, i thought it might be difficult, that or just watch the shows with her! lol

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2 screens, 1 remote...help!0