v18 LE 17.6 (8.2.5) to LE 9.0 (Milhouse Builds) "Watched History Gone"
Hello,

As the title says to I upgraded to LE 9.0, my whole Watched History only for YouTube is gone.all the items I have seen doesn't show the Tick Sign.

I have a lot of Playlists of TV Shows and I can't seem to remember till which episod of each Show I have seen.

I have posted this on the Milhouse Forum Thread as well. Milhouse Builds are built from kodi.master so the issue is coming from here.

Kindly help me out.
I would say, that this problem might probably be more related to the addon itselft instead of Kodi or LibreELEC.
^
A few weeks ago I updated from one Kodi Leia nightly build to a later nightly build and lost all watched status marks for my local USB stored media. This occured on my Windows 10 HTPC and at the time of the Kodi update, I had the Kodi update add-on, log viewer add-on and possibly Netflix and database prewash scrub add-ons.

Since I didn’t pay attention to what builds this issue actually occurred with, I didn’t report anything. But the problem did occur and likely is not add-on related as the ones I have don’t interact with the database. The obvious exception is the database pre wash scrub add-on which I’m not sure was even installed at that time and in any case needs to be run before it fiddles with the database.

As to what the OP can be do:
why not roll back to the older version which should presumably use the old db, then
* uninstall your add-ons, upgrade again and check if your watch status is preserved... if so, reinstall your removed add-ons and it should be ok.
or
* do a batadase backup to individual files (nfo’s and jpg’s saved alongside your media). The nfo’s would contain your watched status. Uninstall everything Kodi, then reinstall Kodi and add an advanced.xml file with whatever the tag is to import your watched status from the nfo’s. Scan for new media and your dB will be recreated with watched status’.

This should be the case for local media and also the case for Netflix movies and series you have exported via the Netflix add-on and scanned into your Kodi library (AND presumably this is also the case with YouTube media which can be exported from the YouTube add-on and imported into Kodi library? an assumption on my part).

Doing the later is a pain but teaches us how we can preserve our Kodi libraries via exported seperate nfo’s, jpg’s, etc and how to recover when sd cards fail or some s/w bug kills our library...
I'm a XBMC novice :)
(2018-11-30, 13:37)Aciel Wrote: I have posted this on the Milhouse Forum Thread as well.
Please don't double post on our forum. It doesn't help if we have to follow up on multiple forum threads from one person on a single problem.
@Klojum, Aciel posted his question on the millhouse thread here on the 24th. Likely, his post was missed and thus never answered but missing one post amoungst the 1000’# is a fantastic hit rate and I think millhouse and others do a fantastic job giving us Kodi Cool

I guess on the 30th, almost a week later, Acial thought he’d have a go at starting his own thread rather than reposting the same question on the millhouse thread. Maybe he also thought he’d have his trivial issue swamped again by the other more important problems millhouse deals with. All suppositions on my part but is it really a double post in the true sense given the passage of time? If not how long should one wait?

In any case, I had the same problem when I updated Kodi using the update add-on on a windows 10 machine so I’ll update my post above to clarify this point. As such I think it’s a Kodi core issue and not a millhouse build or RPi issue. Sadly, without being able to indicate which version of build I updated from/to, I’d think it would be near impossible for anyone to resolve unless many many people were suffering the same problem (and that doesn’t seem to be the case ata all). Likley this thread should/would end here Nod No
I'm a XBMC novice :)
PR14992 tries to fix this issue, and explains why the problem happens. Once it merges then (hopefully) upgrades from Kodi 17 (or database versions prior to the issue being introduced) should then carry over the watched status for non-library items such as YouTube etc.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2018-12-03, 01:53)skylarking Wrote: @Klojum, Aciel posted his question on the millhouse thread here on the 24th. Likely, his post was missed and thus never answered but missing one post amoungst the 1000’# is a fantastic hit rate and I think millhouse and others do a fantastic job giving us Kodi Cool
That is exactly the case here, weird as I didn't get any email notification of replies on my thread or quote on my post.

(2018-12-08, 00:46)Milhouse Wrote: PR14992 tries to fix this issue, and explains why the problem happens. Once it merges then (hopefully) upgrades from Kodi 17 (or database versions prior to the issue being introduced) should then carry over the watched status for non-library items such as YouTube etc.
Thanks a lot Milhouse for this assuring reply back. We all appreciate your and others hard work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LE 17.6 (8.2.5) to LE 9.0 (Milhouse Builds) "Watched History Gone"0