MySQL Watched status keeps resetting
This is a rather strange problem and I do not know where it actually comes from but has to do with "watched" status so I will start here.
My setup:
Single shared SQL database on a non-KODI machine.
3 seperate KODI's connected to 3 TV's.  None of these do library auto updates mainly due to the time it takes them to do it.  Idea is to take that "load" off of them.
1 KODI running on a windows box that is used for all updating of database. This machine does not get used for watching any content. It is used for all downloading and distribution of TV and Movies to a NAS device.  NAS is a homemade setup with approx 32TB storage. Video library is currently about 650 movies and around 13,000 TV episodes.  This box runs 24/7.  I run your watched state addon and also the "watchdog" addon on this machine to update the database as quick as possible.  So far so good.....

The problem...  When watching TV episodes the watch status checkbox will do the following.  Say you sit down and start watching a series at episode 3. Episodes 1 & 2 are watched and checked off.  You watch episode 3 and at the end of it the show will get checked off.  So far so good.
Now you watch episode 4 all the way through and at the end it is checked as watched but episode 3 gets unchecked. Move on to episode 5 and at the end 5 will be "watched" and 3 AND 4 will be "unwatched" And so on down the line.

This is consistent and does the same behaviour on all 3 of the units we use to watch.  All are v17.6.
This has been going on for some time but I finally decided to post about it.
Any ideas?

BTW... Don't know if relevant but all units use the "Transparency" skin.
@Budman1758

Interesting issue. Not something I can assist with as you are using a MySQL setup, but why do you think it is a problem with WatchedList? Do you thing it is WatchedList that is unchecking the previous episodes after it runs?

If not, maybe I should move your post to the general Windows support where there is a greater chance that one of the MySQL experts will see it.

A Debug Log capturing the issue may also help to see what is happening.

PS- like the avatar Wink
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Wink 
(2018-11-30, 04:14)Karellen Wrote: @Budman1758

but why do you think it is a problem with WatchedList? Do you thing it is WatchedList that is unchecking the previous episodes after it runs?
I didn't necessarily think it was a watchedlist issue.  Just thought I'd start here.
Don't know where the root cause is. 
Fine with me if you want to move the topic to the most appropriate location.  Or I can repost it.

By liking the avatar you are now off the list.   Laugh  Rofl
@Budman1758

Moved
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Is the watched count actually rolling back or is this a weird skin caching issue?  Easy way to check, use HeidiSQL or similar to open your database and check the 'playCount' column in the 'files' table.

I have a very similar setup and have no trouble with watched status, but I also don't have to run any extra plugins/addons for this to work.  What are "watched state addon" and "watchdog addon"?  Maybe it's them screwing things up?
Still using a MySQL 5.5 server here, I have no problems with the watched status of movies/tvshows.
But then again, I don't use extra watch add-ons or anything.
HeidiSQL has had its (her?) share of hiccups in the past. So, who knows.
I'd have to suspect the 'watchedlist' addon here, as MySQL doesn't just update or reset stuff without being told to by something.  Reading the blurb on the wiki (https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:WatchedList) it appears that there is a setting called 'follow user' which has to be enabled to be able to mark something as unwatched, so that might be a good place to start looking.

Other than that, Kodi does a good job of setting the watched status anyway, so you don't really need the addon (unless you particularly want a separate database of what you have or haven't watched).  I'd be extremely tempted to disable it and see if the issue persists (which I doubt).
Learning Linux the hard way !!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL Watched status keeps resetting0