problem starting kodi
Hello All,

I have following problem - after installation of Kodi when I try to run it (/usr/bin/kodi) manuallly then nothing happens - i can find the kodi process but kodi doesnot appear. Im attaching debug logs. Raspberry pi 3 is connected to Samsung TV. Thank you for your help
https://paste.kodi.tv/bomiguhode.kodi
Make sure gpu_mem is set to 256 in config.txt
Hello,

thanks for the reply. I checked this and I got it set even to 320, tried also 256 but still the same problem occures. is there anything else? What about the GL driver? I set Legacy - original non-GL desktop driver in raspi-config but no change. How this change should be reflected in config file? Id like to try it there manually.. thanks for support.

Karel
Hi Karel

I have exactly the same issue as you. I'm a total newbie to Pi and Kodi and have set up Raspbian Stretch on Pi 3 b+ and I've recently installed Kodi as well. Like you, if I run Kodi...nothing happens. The processes are there in the background, but nothing appears in the UI.

I've also found that, since installing Kodi, I've had issues with xrdp (as in, it's completely stopped working) and also SSH (required mod to ssh config file to get it working again) - just wondering if you've had similar issues? Wouldn't have thought installing Kodi would have had that kind of effect, but it seemed quite a coincidence that both issues cropped up right after installing Kodi
(2019-01-07, 19:24)slicendice Wrote: I have exactly the same issue as you.
Raspbian is perhaps not the easiest OS to run Kodi on. There are smaller solutions for running only Kodi, such as LibreELEC or OSMC.
(2019-01-07, 19:24)slicendice Wrote: Hi Karel

I have exactly the same issue as you. I'm a total newbie to Pi and Kodi and have set up Raspbian Stretch on Pi 3 b+ and I've recently installed Kodi as well. Like you, if I run Kodi...nothing happens. The processes are there in the background, but nothing appears in the UI.
This guide has probably everything you need to install Kodi on Raspbian:
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt...6&t=192499

(2019-01-07, 19:24)slicendice Wrote: I've also found that, since installing Kodi, I've had issues with xrdp (as in, it's completely stopped working) and also SSH (required mod to ssh config file to get it working again) - just wondering if you've had similar issues? Wouldn't have thought installing Kodi would have had that kind of effect, but it seemed quite a coincidence that both issues cropped up right after installing Kodi
Kodi does not depend on either ssh or xrdp so it does not make sense that it messed up other things on your system. What probably happened was that, during the installation of Kodi or after, somehow you got corrupted files in your SD Card. Maybe a power failure ? Or do you have a damaged sd card ? I don't know, without logs I cannot tell for sure.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
problem starting kodi0