Broken Krypton 18.0 final: External Player and other bugs
Hello!

So KODI updated itself yesterday from 17.6 to 18.0 (I wish it didn't do so...).

The bugs to report so far:

1. Every time I start KODI I've got the "Press OK if playback has ended" pop-up window right on the main screen. 

2. If I use an external player (with the "Wrapper" method"), during playback KODI crashes in the background and got a "KODI has stopped working" system pop-up. I happens unpredictably, not for all, but for most of the videos. 

3. Media info flags are displayed mostly incorrectly. It often shows "4K" or "SD" for FHD/HD videos.

4. Video preview-thumbnails are often extracted badly (blocky, artifacted, and unrecognizable). I've perceived that it happens mostly in the case of >30GB videos, strangely for some other smaller videos it can do still fine.  

Needless to say, that None of these anomalies occurred ever with 17.6, and many other users reported exactly the same Krypton issues on various other tech Forums. My Box is a HiMedia Q10 Pro, with the latest Android 7 firmware. 

Didn't tested too much yet, but these bugs (specially the essential one with the external player) is far enough for me to do an immediately downgrade back to 17.6. (I must install it from apk, and then reload my most recent backup back from somewhere 2018...).

Any hopes or intentions, that these bugs will be fixed in Krypton at all anytime soon?

Thanks!
Before you downgrade to 17.6, disable automatic upgrades in Google Playstore.  This is how your Kodi version changed to 18.0. from 17.6

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Krypton 18.0 final: External Player and other bugs0