• 4(current)
Kodi shitty build
@fritsch Yeah I'm pretty sure your log message won't be present as this code should initialize m_wantsIECPassthrough  flag for my device: 
https://github.com/bahusoid/xbmc/blob/23...K.cpp#L930
No - but you found a bug.

Quote:if (aml_present() && CJNIAudioManager::GetSDKVersion() < 23)
{
// passthrough
m_info.m_wantsIECPassthrough = true;
m_sink_sampleRates.insert(44100);
m_sink_sampleRates.insert(48000);
if (HasAmlHD())
{
m_sink_sampleRates.insert(96000);
m_sink_sampleRates.insert(192000);
m_info.m_streamTypes.push_back(CAEStreamInfo::STREAM_TYPE_EAC3);
m_info.m_streamTypes.push_back(CAEStreamInfo::STREAM_TYPE_DTSHD);
m_info.m_streamTypes.push_back(CAEStreamInfo::STREAM_TYPE_DTSHD_MA);
m_info.m_streamTypes.push_back(CAEStreamInfo::STREAM_TYPE_TRUEHD);
}
std::copy(m_sink_sampleRates.begin(), m_sink_sampleRates.end(), std::back_inserter(m_info.m_sampleRates));
}

Should be:
Quote:  if (aml_present() && CJNIAudioManager::GetSDKVersion() < 23)
  {
    // passthrough
    m_info.m_streamTypes.push_back(CAEStreamInfo::STREAM_TYPE_AC3);
    m_info.m_streamTypes.push_back(CAEStreamInfo::STREAM_TYPE_DTS);
    if (HasAmlHD())
    {
      m_sink_sampleRates.insert(96000);
      m_sink_sampleRates.insert(192000);
      m_info.m_streamTypes.push_back(CAEStreamInfo::STREAM_TYPE_EAC3);
      m_info.m_streamTypes.push_back(CAEStreamInfo::STREAM_TYPE_DTSHD);
      m_info.m_streamTypes.push_back(CAEStreamInfo::STREAM_TYPE_DTSHD_MA);
      m_info.m_streamTypes.push_back(CAEStreamInfo::STREAM_TYPE_TRUEHD);
    }
    std::copy(m_sink_sampleRates.begin(), m_sink_sampleRates.end(), std::back_inserter(m_info.m_sampleRates));
  }
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Actuall scratch that. You have really bad luck as your AML firmware is way worse than expected, as it does not even implement the "hacks" older AML had which supported AC3, DTS and some even dts-hd. That's a pitty.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
new build pending ...  let's see what breaks this time. I cannot really understand why you invest your freetime in broken boxes. After it will marginaly work, you kill your ears on pause burst or when using device's remote Sad - not good.
@fritsch 
Great - thank you. DTS support is the only thing missing for me in 18.x builds. It's hard to say why I'm still using it considering pretty cheap new boxes (like Amlogic s905x3). But it just works for me quite well and I've never experienced any killing ears sounds with my configuration.

> your AML firmware is way worse than expected, as it does not even implement the "hacks" older AML had which supported AC3, DTS and some even dts-hd.

That seems the case for pretty all firmwares for Amlogic s812 devices. I'm not sure what hacks you are talking about but in SPMC all settings are present AC3, DTS and dts-hd. And both AC3 and DTS works in SPMC. I can't really say for sure about dts-hd as I'm using SPDIF but DTS core stream is also properly shown for movies with DTS-HD (so I guess it should also work)
SPMC presents all settings, always but most don't work.
(2020-01-22, 23:04)fritsch Wrote: new build pending

When will you be able to share the build?

If I got it right - proper fix should look something like existing code for IEC: https://github.com/fritsch/xbmc/blob/230...#L978-L984
cpp:

if (aml_present() && CJNIAudioManager::GetSDKVersion() < 23)
{
    // passthrough

m_info.m_streamTypes.clear();
    m_info.m_streamTypes.push_back(CAEStreamInfo::STREAM_TYPE_AC3);
    m_info.m_streamTypes.push_back(CAEStreamInfo::STREAM_TYPE_DTSHD_CORE);
    m_info.m_streamTypes.push_back(CAEStreamInfo::STREAM_TYPE_DTS_1024);
    m_info.m_streamTypes.push_back(CAEStreamInfo::STREAM_TYPE_DTS_2048);
    m_info.m_streamTypes.push_back(CAEStreamInfo::STREAM_TYPE_DTS_512);
    CLog::Log(LOGDEBUG, "AESinkAUDIOTrack: Using legacy AML IEC PT mode: %d", CJNIAudioFormat::ENCODING_IEC61937);

if (HasAmlHD())
    {

It could also be useful for HasAmlHD to return true if any DTS HD or True HD is supported (and not both as in current code). That's why I believe I don't see DTS HD setting on my device in Kodi (as True HD setting is missing in SPMC, but DTS HD is present). Though it's just a theory and I won't be able to verify if DTS HD really works. Just a thought:
cpp:

return ((CJNIAudioFormat::ENCODING_TRUEHD != -1) || (CJNIAudioFormat::ENCODING_DTSHD != -1));

If I'm not mistaken the only devices affected by this code - AMlogic s8xx and s905 considering that KODI now requires Android 5 (http://openlinux.amlogic.com/Android/Mbox).
I won't create another build. Shitty is dead - exactly since this moment. I decided that for myself. Code is free, use it - do what you want with it.
Creating dev environment for android is biggest issue for me right now. I wont be able to setup it in near future. Sad So would really be grateful for this build. But thanks anyway for showing me how to make it work.

P.S. And sorry if I offended you in any way. I didn't mean to (as this transition from "pending build" to "dead project" looks a bit unexpected to me)
Nope. I just realized when I spent my entire evening thinking where this yet another broken box takes a certain code path, that I basically don't have time for anything in kodi and then using some of this non existing time to fix broken hardware, that a verndor sold and did not care at all to upgrade any SW for the last couple of years ... that it feels wrong.

Shitty was simple to maintain as it just forced IEC mode.

What we can do as a last try: I will build you a nightly, which has all the AML surgery resolved, furthermore it has the capability to switch between RAW and IEC.
Here: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk

Take great care of the settings. For PT, you need to change the second device down in the PT settings. With RAW you should have exactly your EAC3, AC3 and with IEC you should get the broken shitty modes.
(2020-01-24, 21:07)fritsch Wrote: and with IEC you should get the broken shitty modes.

I hope DTS included Smile So thank you for last ultimate shitty build. I have big hopes for it (though will be able to do tests only on Sunday).
Turn down the volume ... it's your ears that get fried otherwise.
As it was easy to cherry-pick the needed stuff onto my FireTV working branch - I created a shitty-leia, it's on the mirror as well. Go there manually and pick the latest version - and again: it will kill your ears at a point.
Hi fritsch is it possible to use your latest shitty leia version on my fireTV
 I don't understand what you talk with the other guy of broken boxes,
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi shitty build1