• 6(current)
Kodi shitty build
@Meriac:

I'm using the "normal" Kodi version at my Sony (XD9405 - 2-core processor) and use the DD5.1-conversion option in the audiosection. Functions very well with all formats.

@fritsch :
I love your Shitty-versions and appreciate your efforts and work. I am able to play DD 5.1 and DTS with your version on my SonyTV, despite this "shitty" Android-integration of Sony. And when i figurued out how to use normal AC3 in the Netflix- and Prime-Addons (till now only ear-killing noise cause of EAC3), i would definitively use your version as mainly used one.

So, thanks fritsch!
(2020-02-14, 16:54)willicooper Wrote: @Meriac:

I'm using the "normal" Kodi version at my Sony (XD9405 - 2-core processor) and use the DD5.1-conversion option in the audiosection. Functions very well with all formats.

@fritsch :
I love your Shitty-versions and appreciate your efforts and work. I am able to play DD 5.1 and DTS with your version on my SonyTV, despite this "shitty" Android-integration of Sony. And when i figurued out how to use normal AC3 in the Netflix- and Prime-Addons (till now only ear-killing noise cause of EAC3), i would definitively use your version as mainly used one.

So, thanks fritsch!
@willycooper What do you mean with the DD5.1-conversion option in the normal version? Never saw it (but maybe I overlooked it, because I always need to use shitty versions to get DTS. In the shitty version I only have the choice between AC3 capable and E-AC3 capable receiver the latter I don't use. Because my receiver (though a profeesional one (Sunfire)) doesn't have it (it too old).. I use an optical link. Indeed the previous shitty versions worked perfect for me... DTS etc. no problem..
Set your settings to "Expert", "System" -> "Audio" -> "Allow passthrough" - enable -> "Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver" - enable -> "-Enable Dolby Digital (AC3) transcoding" - enable; disable all other! Set your "Number of channels" - 2.0

Settings - Player - Videos -> "Sync Playback to display" - Off.
(2020-02-14, 14:37)Meriac Wrote:
(2020-02-14, 07:53)fritsch Wrote: Not sure I want to be the guy that pays for everyone, cause they bought cheap and shitty - especially when a FireTV 4K costs < 30 Dollar.

For you issue: This thread is going fully on my nerves. Only whining gyus "I does not work for me" - but no one as posting a damn Debug Log. Is this so hard to do? I personally don't own a shitty device ...

Hi Fritsch, thanks again for your reply. Off course I understand your feeling. However I (and I guess thousands more) have a Sony smart TV and I paid a lot some years ago. I know I can buy and additional TV box. In my bedroom I have one on an old TV.. But it is frustrating to do so and indeed Sony seems to blame.. pfff. However I did a fresh install of the latest shitty version, and it doesn't seem to work.. The choice for e.g. DTS is not there, it was in the previous shitty version. AND I made a debug log.. you can find it here.. https://paste.kodi.tv/zuxesesulo 

You have Android 7.0 - what a shame. 

https://developer.android.com/reference/...G_IEC61937 is available in API LEVEL 24
Quote:Running on Sony BRAVIA 4K 2015 with Android 7.0.0 API level 24, kernel: Linux ARM 32-bit version 3.10.79

That's the reason shitty does not work. It only overwrites the IEC format if it's not support - but yeah ;-) your TV says it supports it ...

Let me make shitty more shitty ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Here: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk (and no Debug Log no issue), you should be able to choose the AudioTrack Shitty device now.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Any updates? (Just simulating users Tongue)
(2020-02-15, 20:54)fritsch Wrote: Any updates? (Just simulating users Tongue)

Hi Fritsch,

First of all thanks for the new "shitty" installed it and it works like a charm!! DTS is back on track and so far I didn't had any problems with other sound formats .. of so I will let you know. Pffff Android 7.0.. and that with the latest firmware update on my Sony (relaesed medium 2019)... Nevertheless you did the job and I am sure that you made or will make a lot of people happy around the world... who suffer from failing vendors.. even big ones like Sony... I can only hope that you will continue your great work for the coming Kodi releases..
Have a great weekend!!
Cool. Thanks for reporting back.
Good evening, which version would be correct for my Android TV 8? I have not found a current version of Shitty. :-(

Thanks
Hi Boobfrog .. the latest one I have got still works for me.. Indeed it isn't in the test builds anymore.. but try http://ftp.igh.cnrs.fr/pub/xbmc/xbmc/tes...bi-v7a.apk
Hey, what is the difference between the FireTV and the Shitty version? I had tried the FireTV version to test it and it seems to work too.
Thanks for keeping the shitty version alive, fritsch! Used this before on a FireTV-Stick 1st Gen, was working great.
I just bought the 43PUS7304 from Philips with a Mediatek MT5887 CPU. Can´t get to work the shitty version with DD and DTS. Has anyone tried this or do I have to enable other things?
(2020-05-20, 13:34)CUL8R Wrote: Thanks for keeping the shitty version alive, fritsch! Used this before on a FireTV-Stick 1st Gen, was working great.
I just bought the 43PUS7304 from Philips with a Mediatek MT5887 CPU. Can´t get to work the shitty version with DD and DTS. Has anyone tried this or do I have to enable other things?
Sorry, was a mistake in my TV settings, had to enable Bypass instead of Multichannel.

Another question: Got the shitty version installed on top of my previous PlayStore version although its older. Will I be able to update to a PlayStore version later on or do I have to uninstall this version first? It still only shows one version in my App list and the store tells me it´s already installed.
I'm sorry if this has been asked before. I'm fairly new with Kodi. I've been going to Kodi.tv and downloading the 32 bit Android version to use with my Firestick. I just installed 18.7 a couple of days ago. Then I read about fritschfiretv build and I've been trying to find out if that will work better with the 4K firestick. Is it somehow tweaked to better optimize the firestick? If so where can I go to download this?  Usually I open up Downloader in the Firestick and go to Kodi.TV.  The firestick is the ONLY android device I have so I'm not familiar with Android.
 The way I have things connected are: The 4K firestick is plugged into my Denon avr s540bt via HDMI, then I have a HDMI cable plugged into my Vizio ES-F0 4K tv. Thank you in advance for the help.
Hi, I am a fan of your shitty builds because 1 am using a fire TV 1 (it is very old but with optical output to my receiver). Please, can you make a newer shitty version (basis Kodi 18.7)?
Thanks
Frisco
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi shitty build1