Start Kodi on TV startup and stop on TV poweroff with CEC
Hello everyone,

Kodi is running great on my Raspberry Pi 3B with latest stable using Debian stretch minimal (command line). Cec also works fine. I have automated that Kodi starts on startup.

It would be awesome if I could only start Kodi when TV is on, I don't need to have it in the background when TV is off and I would save my pi some CPU and memory, since I am using the Pi for more stuff and I don't have enough juice sometimes.

Is this possible to automate, how?
Big Grin 
(2019-04-08, 21:27)cotarelo Wrote: Hello everyone,

Kodi is running great on my Raspberry Pi 3B with latest stable using Debian stretch minimal (command line). Cec also works fine. I have automated that Kodi starts on startup.

It would be awesome if I could only start Kodi when TV is on, I don't need to have it in the background when TV is off and I would save my pi some CPU and memory, since I am using the Pi for more stuff and I don't have enough juice sometimes.

Is this possible to automate, how?

Anybody ?
This isn't really a kodi question but some script that will run outside of kodi.
First question is can you detect if your TV is off from bash? (this varies with tv models).

Try running "tvservice -s" both with TV on and off and see if the state reported changes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Start Kodi on TV startup and stop on TV poweroff with CEC0