FireStick 4k Stuck in 1080p60hz until I enter settings ??
Thumbs Down 
Hardware: Firestick 4K  going via a receiver (Pioneer VSX527) into a Panasonic TV.  Was working 100% on previous Windows 10/Linux setup.
Software: Fully updated Amazon OS, fully updated 32bit Kodi 18.2 from the website.

Quick explanation is that after every power-on I have to go into settings and change something before different refresh rates show up in Kodi.

Probably easiest if I show some pictures of the problem to explain it fully...

This is after opening Kodi after switching the device on (note - only 1080p 60hz is available):
ImageImage

To get the other resolutions/refresh rates to appear, I have to exit Kodi, then change the colour format from YCbCr to AUTO then back again to YCbCr:
ImageImage

Going back into Kodi,  I can then select the resolutions/refresh rates I want:

Anyone got any ideas?  I've searched and cannot find anybody with the same thing. It's really frustrating!
Actually scratch that,  I've just realised that changing any display setting (not just the colour from auto -> YCbCr) is enough to get the refresh rates working.
Made some progress on this.   It's something to do with the receiver. 
  • If I have the device connected to the TV directly then it virtually always works and shows all resolutions first time.
  • If I have it connected directly to the receiver, then it's 50/50 whether it will see the other resolutions.

If anyone knows a solution, I would be glad to hear it! 

Having it directly on the TV is not ideal because then the receiver cannot have custom settings for it (in particular, the sound delay) meaning the sound is slightly out of sync for everything aside from Kodi (Netflix, iPlayer etc).
@retro83

Ok, so the problem is your AMP it seems to have only hdmi 1.3 and it does not have HDCP 2.2. For 4K UHD your whole connection chain needs to be HDCP 2.2 or it won’t work.

I believe a hdfury might solve this but I don’t think it’s a given.

I had the same issues with a vsx924, easiest solution for me was to get a new amp .

Hope this helps

Joel

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FireStick 4k Stuck in 1080p60hz until I enter settings ??0