[BUG]another unicode problem:XBMC can not decompress rar with other language file
I use XBMC to show some pic in rar file. I find if the filename come with other charset, it can not show. I traced the code, found that in place, the file's name storaged in unicode and utf8, like GUIWidowSlideShow.cpp:line 298, ->m_strPath.c_str(), it shows: "rar://E%3a%5cbt%5c3D%e5%b1%8f%e4%bf%9d%2erar/鎴浘(1024-768)/Ancient Castle.jpg", the frist part(from rar:~%2erar" encoded in unicode, the second part( from "鎴浘(1024-768)/Ancient Castle.jpg") encoded in utf8. the origent string is "rar:E:/bt/3D屏保.rar/截图(1024-768)/Ancient Castle.jpg"
I can't find where the string start, but it mixed two type of code make rarlib can't decompress the files.
can anyone solve this problem?
Which charset is the filename encoded in within the rar?

Can you upload an example file?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

sorry, I forgot to upload the sample file. I put the file in:

http://rapidshare.com/files/128787323/sa...7768428926

In this file, I used GBK charset to make dir, and put a file under this dir. XBMC can show the filename, but It can not display it. I also put a full debug log file. PLS check it.
I have the same problem. I tried to "rar" the "Ronja Rövardotter.iso" with "win rar". But my XBMC on my xbox would not open it. The I renamed the file to "Ronja Rovardotter.iso" (replaced ö with o) and then compressed it and now it works.

Sorry... Didn't notice that this was the windows forum. But please answer or move i to correct forum anyway

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BUG]another unicode problem:XBMC can not decompress rar with other language file0