DVD2XBOX intergration into XBMC?
it may not be an operating system, but it is an interface with the xbox, and ripping/storing xbox games to the modded xbox harddrive is one of the key features that many people mod their xbox for. i dont want to do word processing or anything on the xbox, but dvd2xbox serves a vital function central to using a modded xbox.
check out the best dvd editing software available: dvd remake pro
Best CD Ripper Available (better then EAC): dbpoweramp R12 reference
is a ver good idea merge xbmc with dvd2xbox
possibly add an option to install program from dvd?

one button press option to copy games, etc. from the dvd straight to a specified folder.

could this be done?
application.... dvd2xbox
well, im glad to see this debate hasnt completely died here. as stated above i am strongly in favor. why? :

-i hate waiting. waiting for dvd2xbox 2 load. waiting to go back to my dash (xbmc), ect

-xbmc is the most mature app for the xbox and backing up xbox games is certainly one of the central uses of the xbox.

-its code includes other key features missing from xbmc like saved game management

-integration of the project could help focus efforts from varios xbox projects, there is no sense in wiso developing skinning engines ect when the focus could be purely on the backup engine portion of the xbmc code

question. if wiso was interested/willing to port the dvd2xbox code, would the xbmc team be interested?
check out the best dvd editing software available: dvd remake pro
Best CD Ripper Available (better then EAC): dbpoweramp R12 reference
they are 2 seperate applications... i dont even use dvd2xbox and would definately not want it in xbmc so i'm against it. it belongs on its own.
ok, here goes....

1. its already an application, so why do all the work
2. i'm all for xbmc growing in its abilities but why would you bug up the code with an application that is just as much dev as xbmc
3. i dont know how any dev could resist adding say.. the dvd2xbox abilities to xbmc's filemanager but again why bug up the code.

when you go over the pros and cons folks lets be honest... you have 2 apps that work and you want to break both to play with over nothing more than compacting.... that i dont see as rational
first off, let me preface this:  i'm not an official xbmc dev.

now that that is all clear, i am going to take wiso's code for dvd2xbox and recode it as a dll for xbmc (i already have his permission).  i will submit this as my "patch" to become a dev.  the xbmc devs can then decide if they want it in the next cvs or not.  regardless, i just want to let you guys know, i am starting this...

wish me luck!  i should be back in a month.   Shocked

*on edit*

i must add that it may not have the functionality all of you are looking for. the xbox has limited ram, so ripping a dvd and watching a movie/slideshow is totally out of the picture atm. i hope to be able to get music functionality out of it at least, but i don't know... ram is really really limited...

plus, it will take longer to rip while listening to music than it would if one wasn't. like perhaps twice as long as normal, maybe more.

one thing i know i will be doing is preserving the linear storage tendancy of the xbox, which means pausing a rip during a seek. additionally, i'm not sure how much cummulative memory this will take up, but i may be able to disable some other dll's while this is taking place...

good luck! :bowdown: :o :kickass:

go go go! :thumbsup:
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
good luck, ...you probebly want to create more than one dll/librart to keep their sizes down (so one dll for each function; ie. one dll/lib for dvd-video ripping, one for xbox-game ripping, etc.).

ps! the only thing i personaly like to see in xbmc taken from dvd2xbox is the gamesaves/memory manager (ie. easy deletion of game-saves) which is a long asked for feature to replace 'ms-dash'.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(gamester17 @ jan. 27 2006,14:51 Wrote:good luck, ...you probebly want to create more than one dll/librart to keep their sizes down (so one dll for each function; ie. one dll/lib for dvd-video ripping, one for xbox-game ripping, etc.).

ps! the only thing i personaly like to see in xbmc taken from dvd2xbox is the gamesaves/memory manager (ie. easy deletion of game-saves) which is a long asked for feature to replace 'ms-dash'.

those were my intentions already.  in terms of the gamesaves/memory manager, i'll work on that too.  i might as well do a heavily requested feature at the same time as this.

thanks for the support.

now, i'll be back in a month or two.  :-p

anxiously going to await the outcome of this one!
weis: you might be surprised at how far that limited ram will take you...when ysbox started the links integration everyone said you wouldn't be able to listen to music, nevertheless watch a video while surfing the net....well....that turned out to be wrong, you can in fact, you can even watch a dvd upscaled to 720p while surfing the net, sure, when loading heavy-weight pages your playback may stutter for a few milliseconds, but it's barely noticable....anyway, just some words of inspiration, good luck with this...

regards,
los93sol
gl im interested in this as well Smile. if you require any help with the skin side pm me ill do it for you.

cheers
awesome idea! i rip things (legally) to my box whenever possible using this great app, and i use xbmc as my main dash... at least a rip option would cut down on the app switching... and at least ripping a cd or game wouldnt be that hard... would it?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVD2XBOX intergration into XBMC?0