Android Kodi can't see WD My Cloud Home files
Hi. I have a Nvidia Shield TV and enjoy using Kodi on it. I recently received a WD My Cloud Home (MCH) and copied my video files on to it.  Sadly I can't get Kodi to see the MCH. I've mounted the MCH storage in the Nvidia Shield TVs settings menu so the Shield sees the MCH. Could you please assist
Have a look at the advice in this thread and see if it applies to your MCH as well.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-10-14, 18:59)DarrenHill Wrote: Have a look at the advice in this thread and see if it applies to your MCH as well.

That thread was very interesting and I tried some options from there but my Kodi (on android) can still not see the files on the WD MCH.  The closest I got some to see the MCH Public folder but there is nothing in it and I can access the Public folder in Windows to fill it with video files.
Gather a debug log (wiki) (see the next post for details) of such an attempt so we can see if there's anything in there.

It will almost certainly be credentials or something along those lines, but the log may tell more.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi can't see WD My Cloud Home files0