Disable audio dialogue on music start
(2020-01-25, 17:22)Statler1978 Wrote: One note: it seems with every start of Kodi the file seems to be overwritten to it's defaults. Making the file read only after changing did the trick for me (took me 1 hour to figure out why your solution wasn't working for me). But it works great!!!! Thanks a lot for the help everyone!

Odd!  On Linux it's a system file and you would need root permissions (that Kodi doesn't have) to be able to overwrite it.  Still, glad you found a solution to that and that it's solved your issue Smile
Learning Linux the hard way !!
It should be in Userdata the same as any other user specific file.
(2020-01-25, 20:40)jjd-uk Wrote: It should be in Userdata the same as any other user specific file.

Tried that, didn't work. Ran a debug log and it said it used settings from the system file and the userdata file. As the system file kept being reverted, it kept using the video player, as if my userdata settings were not there. I basically copied my file to system and made it read only and that did the trick.
That not right, the Userdata file should always override the System one, if that's not happening it is a bug.
(2020-01-25, 21:34)jjd-uk Wrote: That not right, the Userdata file should always override the System one, if that's not happening it is a bug.

I'll reproduce it tomorrow and I'll post my log. Perhaps I did something wrong, but maybe it's a bug.

Edit:
Here's the kodi.log

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disable audio dialogue on music start0