v18 Regular KODI Crashes
Dear KODI team,

since I updated KODI to 18.5 I experience pretty frequent unwilling program crashes that will close KODI so I have to re-open it again. I am using KODI togteher with the Emby plugin and think the crashes might have something to do with my Emby settings.

Here is my set up:
KODI 18.5
Windows 10 Pro version 1903
CPU: Intel Celeron J4105, 4GB RAM
Emby plugin 4.1.19 (angelblue05 & sualfre)

The Crash usually happenes shortly after Kodi starts. When I start to navigate in the skin and the system has connected to Emby server and the DVB Viewer that the screen suddently seems to freeze for about 1-2 secondes and then the KODI windows is closed and I am back on the Windows desktop. I can start KODI again and it will work until the next crash.
It seems like if I re-start Kodi for 1-2 times it will become much less likely to crash again.

KODI also creates a lot of crahlof files (*.DMP) but I am not sure how to post them here in the forum.

Debug Log1: https://paste.kodi.tv/wenesezera.kodi
Debug Log2: https://paste.kodi.tv/wazifukota.kodi

I would really be fanstastic if someone could help me with this problem as I am using KODI for quite a while now and I am really a big fan!
What happens if you run a clean Kodi setup for some time, thus without the Emby plugin or other add-ons? Are the crashes then gone?
You also get errors when handling thumbnails, which is a bit weird. Perhaps those thumbs file have gotten corrupt?

Posting binary crash files is not really helpful.
(2020-02-11, 22:49)Klojum Wrote: What happens if you run a clean Kodi setup for some time, thus without the Emby plugin or other add-ons? Are the crashes then gone?
You also get errors when handling thumbnails, which is a bit weird. Perhaps those thumbs file have gotten corrupt?

Posting binary crash files is not really helpful.

Thanks for your stick support. I will try a clean setup and let you know what happens.
Looks like some skin issues combined with some Emby questions, might want to consider a portable install with the default skin and see if the issue remains.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Regular KODI Crashes0