Req Link Movie as TV Show Special
Hello,

Today I tried out the "Link Movie To TV Show" feature for the first time, and while it worked fine (does what it claims to do), I really wish it did a little more.

Take for example the Futurama movies they are also listed as specials 2,3,5 and 6 (https://thetvdb.com/series/futurama/seasons/official/0)
So if we could link movies as specific episodes of a show, that would be a great improvement to this feature (at least in my eyes).
I don't understand what you mean, they are specific episodes of the show, they are episodes S00E01 - S00E06.
(2020-04-30, 14:03)FXB78 Wrote: I don't understand what you mean, they are specific episodes of the show, they are episodes S00E01 - S00E06.

I'm going to use Trakt for this explanation.
The movies Bender's Big ScoreThe Beast with a Billion Backs, Bender's Game, and Into the Wild Green Yonder are also the special episodes 2, 3, 5 and 6 (The movies shows up as "Videos" on IMDB, but it's the same result as Trakt and everywhere else)
Yes you can keep them listed as just being the special episodes in Kodi, but it would be nice if you could have them be listed as both movies and the correct special episodes (without duplicate files/symlinks)

I hope this was a bit more clear Smile

EDIT:
Same goes for many movies that comes from TV Shows, but as another example I just want to add South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut which is also special episode 6
I see, so you want the same file scanned into both Movies & TV Shows. It may be possible by using nfo files & scanning each file individually, but probably not. I never tried it Smile

TMDB & TVDB both have Bender's Big Score as both a Movie & a TV Special, so maybe it would be possible.
(2020-04-30, 15:34)FXB78 Wrote: I see, so you want the same file scanned into both Movies & TV Shows. It may be possible by using nfo files & scanning each file individually, but probably not. I never tried it Smile
Exactly!
I have never used nfo files before, so no idea what can be done with those.

I just think it would be nice if it could be a feature built into Kodi as an addition to the existing "Link To TV Show" feature.
I wouldn't have those items in my movie library, and I wouldn't use the linking movie to tv option.

I have those films scanned into the library as S04E19, S04E20, S04E21, S04E22 of Futurama using nfo files as FXB78 suggested.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Link Movie as TV Show Special0