4K movies stuttering on Windows 10 PC
Hi all,

1080p movies work just fine. 4K movies are heavily stuttering. I found an article which says that my Intel GPU supports H265 decoding acceleration. 
Do you have any idea if this hardware is good enough or what I can do to solve this? Any hint is appreciated.
Thanks!

Kodi version 18.6
Windows 10 1909
Hardware: Microsoft Surface Book, Intel® Core™ i7-6600U CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2808 MHz, 2 Cores, 4 logical CPU's, 16 GB RAM
Audio: I was using Audio Passthrough in Kodi as I want to have sound on my soundbar. The issue occurred with normal AC3 but also with some Atmos True HD audio streams. 
GPU: Intel® HD Graphics 520, Driver version    24.20.100.6293
The laptop was connected via Mini Display Port to HDMI on the soundbar, but the issue also occurs locally without any external TV connected.
Interesting article but alas I don't read German, the only thing I got from it was "max. 3.840 x 2.160 @ 60 Hz", which probably suggests this resolution for still images and desktop, but I doubt it's for moving 4K video and HVEC decoding at the same time. The weak link here is shared gfx memory and engine. Keep your desktop res to sub 1080p, software rendering, sync and refresh off and see if that helps.
Ok, thanks for looking into this!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
4K movies stuttering on Windows 10 PC0