NUC, Libreelec, Thunderbolt 3 and HD Audio?
I was wondering if anyone was able to reliably get HD Audio passthrough using the thunderbolt 3 port on a NUC (8,9,10) running libreelec? If so, what adaptor / cable are you using?

I have tried various adaptors and cables, all work fine using windows 10 but have I very little success with Libreelec, probably about 5-50% of the time it will actually pass through the audio. Simply stopping and starting the video triggers it to ‘just work’. Sometimes I have to do this 20-30 times, sometimes it works first time...

I can provide logs if it would help, but I can see that Kodi is at least trying to send DTS-HD / TrueHD all of the time but my receiver is receiving no signal / sound. I can’t see any difference in when it ‘just works’.

What is really puzzling me is why it works sometimes - not enough to be usable but enough that I can’t understand what’s wrong with it. Is it something to do with the Linux drivers and the crazy number of thunderbolt 3/usb c implementations e.g DisplayPort alt mode etc? Anyone that understand those might have an idea of what the issue is, even if it’s not fixable, at this point it would help just knowing what it is.

For the record - Windows 10 works 100% of the time, as does HDMI.
HDMI is an option, but it’s just a hassle to switch everything around when I want to boot into windows 10 and watch HDR content as my receiver is still only HDMI 1.4 - even more so when the thunderbolt 3 port works ‘sometimes’.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NUC, Libreelec, Thunderbolt 3 and HD Audio?0