Solved playercorefactory
Hi,

I have two versions of KODI installed, my old and properly functioning 17.3 version and a new 18.6 portable under development. The old version correctly launches PowerDVD as a player when I choose a ripped BluRay movie, whereas my new portable version doesn't. I am pretty sure this is due to some adaptations made to my playercorefactory.xml file years ago, but I cannot remember where I placed the file. Is there some way of finding out, I wanted to transplant it into the appropriate folder for the portable to see if that would work :-)
It will be in the userdata folder %APPDATA%\Kodi\userdata
(2020-06-10, 09:50)FXB78 Wrote: It will be in the userdata folder %APPDATA%\Kodi\userdata

That's what I thought too! I am in this folder now: Computer>C>Users>Stue>AppData>Roaming>Kodi>userdata, but that folder only has two subfolders (addon_data and profiles), no files whatsoever.
The regular (old) KODI starts from this target: C>ProgramFiles (x86)>Kodi

Since the two KODI versions work differently when playing the same file they must be getting separate instructions from somewhere, right?! I can find the standard playercorefactory.xml for the portable one, but that is the one I want to replace, with something that actually works, but I cannot find. Very strange?
It's impossible for it to run and have no files in there, by default it would create guisettings.xml. If you upload a log file via the log file uploader that will tell us the location, I suppose it's possible it could be under a different Windows profile.
(2020-06-10, 10:16)FXB78 Wrote: It's impossible for it to run and have no files in there, by default it would create guisettings.xml. If you upload a log file via the log file uploader that will tell us the location, I suppose it's possible it could be under a different Windows profile.

Thanks! I managed (I think) to enable event logging and debug logging, but I am not sure how I find the log and upload it. I use Aeon Nox on my 17.3 installation and cannot find a "log file uploader".  I have downloaded the script.kodi.uploader manually as I cannot find a add-on menu item saying "Get More" or similar and then install through KODI.
See https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Kodi_Logfile_Uploader
(2020-06-10, 10:16)FXB78 Wrote: I suppose it's possible it could be under a different Windows profile.

I think I found the playercorefactory.xml, it was as you said under a different user with hidden appdata-folder, thanks for your help FXB78!
(2020-06-10, 11:11)cgroth Wrote:
(2020-06-10, 10:16)FXB78 Wrote: I suppose it's possible it could be under a different Windows profile.

I think I found the playercorefactory.xml, it was as you said under a different user with hidden appdata-folder, thanks for your help FXB78!
I copied the playercorefactory.xml-file that was working for the old 17.3 installation:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player video="true" audio="false" type="ExternalPlayer" name="PowerDVD">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD17\PowerDVD.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls|m2ts"player="PowerDVD"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

and tried placing it in the folder C:>PortableKodi>Kodi>userdata, but that doesn't seem to accomplish anything. I also tried placing it in the PortableKodi>Kodi>system folder which had a previous standard playercorefactory.xml file in it, bit that did't help either. I assume that my new Portable KODI has a different location where it looks for the playercorefactory.xml, like the AppData-folder used by the regular KODI installation?

Or maybe 18.6 requires a different text?
I restarted the PC, and then it worked :-)  So can be marked as solved.
C:\Leia folder target\Kodi\portable_data\userdata\playercorefactory.xml is the likely path. With debug turned on in settings the log at  C:\Leia folder target\Kodi\portable_data\kodi.log should show the acceptance of your playercorefactory.xml 

To take this further would require a proper debug log posted to a public paste-bin and that URL linked back to this thread.
Just saw your "restarted the PC, and then it worked"

Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
playercorefactory0