Audio Videao codec Labels
Please bring back the option for updating the audio and video codec labels.  Playing a file for 2secs used to update the labels if there was a change.

Now I have redo my library or export it, edit it and import it in again.  Some people would have no idea how to do this and to be honest it is a pain.

Kodi has the best interface of any other media centre I have tried and it's a shame this feature was removed.  It's like that tiny scratch you always see on the mirror.

Please it bring back or make the code available for people to insert it?

Thank you to all the developers for the time you put into this amazing application.
(2020-06-15, 08:58)Rudders Wrote: Now I have redo my library or export it, edit it and import it in again.  Some people would have no idea how to do this and to be honest it is a pain.
Yes, I agree it is a pain and you can easily lose any customisations made to the title by a simple Refresh.

Exporting, deleting the <fileinfo></fileinfo> tags and everything in between then scanning back into the library is the only way to save customisations.

I have no idea why it was changed in the first place but unfortunately, this current method is here to stay. Maybe @arnova could reconsider?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-06-15, 09:26)Karellen Wrote: I have no idea why it was changed in the first place but unfortunately, this current method is here to stay. Maybe @arnova could reconsider?

If I remember rightly there was a problem updating stream properties during playback as sometimes it would result in no info being returned and stream details in the DB being blanked. So it was changed to a background process to scan the files for stream details, however this has the downside of not being compatible file image formats like iso whether the the scanning process doesn't have direct access to the video stream to get the details.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Videao codec Labels0