Estuary: resize (shrink) main menu's width to occupy less real estate
For the items that use a playlist from https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/tree/master.../playlists then number of returned items would need to be increased from 15 for example https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...es.xsp#L11

from

xml:
<limit>15</limit>

to

xml:
<limit>20</limit>

Plus the widget limits need to be adjusted

For example
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...me.xml#L72
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...e.xml#L154
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...e.xml#L214
you can edit Includes_Home.xml for more widgets 
xml:

<content sortby="$PARAM[sortby]" sortorder="$PARAM[sortorder]" target="$PARAM[widget_target]" limit="15">$PARAM[content_path]</content>
<param name="widget_limit">15</param>
(2021-12-11, 11:23)ontap Wrote: Would you not consider Estuary MOD V2  ??  It's Estuary modded ( so not technically "another skin " ) which is what you are intending to do yourself.  It has the option  "main menu slides to left when accessing widgets.
It's in this estuary section.If you look at the last few pages of it's thread there is an active matrix version.
Still needs widgets resizing imo , the coding posted by  "the_other_guy" should work on it .

there are a lot of bugs when you get in to the xml files on Estuary MOD V2 
so not technically "another skin ? all files from kodi Estuary 19
ImageImageImageImage
Yes , I personally use default estuary with your mods, I suggestedv2 to him in case he was wanting plug n play rather than mess with XML's.
With the small widgets , I think you can get that meny on the screen its not essential to shrink the main menu . Just messing with your "VE" mod. ImageImageImage
I kinda like the textonly widgets. That will certainly give room for "everything on 1 screen".
rework with small widgets
Your download link
http://www.freespace.com.au/filehosting/179927
Please use firefox when downloading files.
ImageImageImageImage
(2021-12-14, 04:44)the_other_guy Wrote: rework with small widgets

I say it's getting better each time. The big centered info title at the top is growing on me. Testing on a 1080p screen at the moment.

These are my thoughts on the next tweaking wishlist, in no particular order:

- Movies / TVshows / Music pages have their content now started below the 3 menu icons (Power,Settings,Search), which is great. My Addons/Pictures/Videos/Favourites/Weather do not have that lower vertical offset yet. I don't have content for Pictures right now but I assume that needs lowering as well. All other main menu items for me are disabled as I don't need them.

- 'In progress TV shows' and 'Unwatched TV Shows' (its object box is a couple of pixels too small) have the title shown twice at the top, small and large. Perhaps display the 'Numbers of episodes' centered at the top as small title instead?

- The horizontal spacing between the thumbs for the 'Recently added episodes' could be trimmed down a bit more.

- Can you use the original genre & studio icons, but small, instead of displaying the same icons xx times? Looking at the Categories widget, it could be possible.

- The icons in Favourites are smaller but their horizontal/vertical spacings are still originally "big".

- Vertical spacing & offset of row/widget titles need adjusting. Right now, the title is jammed up to the row of icons above, and, the current line spacing underneath is making it look like the title belongs to the row above it, which makes it kinda confusing. This affects almost all the widget/icon rows on all pages.

- For the Weather page, you could enhance the top center bar info with the 'full' date plus both low/high temps on the same row. Right now the low/high temps are stuck to the top of the screen.

- Also, perhaps lose the dayname in the Forecast row & the date in the Hourly row. Then the height of those two icon block rows could decrease for a better overall fit, so there is less vertical scrolling of the weather page. I also feel the weather blocks can be slimmed down horizontally a bit, so there is less scrolling required on both rows.

Just keeping you busy! Smile
I haven't dowloaded this latest update yet , but in the previous images that I posted , I have anther 3 widget rows off screen below. As you scroll down to them , obviously the upper widgets move upwards and they were showing on top of the large label/banner. There is is probably a better way , but to solve this , I moved you're  back panel and the title and banner text boxes to the bottom of home.xml. I also changed the image "colors/black.png" to a solid black image instead of the semi transparent one.
- For the Weather page, you could enhance the top center bar info with the 'full' date plus both low/high temps on the same row. Right now the low/high temps are stuck to the top of the screen.
can not get     <label2>[COLOR blue]$INFO[Window(weather).Property(Daily.$PARAM[item_index].LowTemperature)][/COLOR] ∙ [COLOR red]$INFO[Window(weather).Property(Daily.$PARAM[item_index].HighTemperature)][/COLOR]</label2> to show on top bar
Can you use the original genre for some reason they do not seem to work
Variables.xml has
<variable name="WidgetGenreIconVar">
        <value condition="System.HasAddon(resource.images.moviegenreicons.transparent)">$INFO[ListItem.Label,resource://resource.images.moviegenreicons.transparent/,.png]</value>
        <value>DefaultGenre.png</value>
    </variable>
the only way i can get them to work is images in a folder  copying resource.images.moviegenreicons.white  Textures.xbt to the folder will not work
    <value condition="System.AddonIsEnabled(special://skin/extras/genre)">$INFO[ListItem.Label,special://skin/extras/genre/,.png]</value>
    <value condition="System.AddonIsEnabled(resource.images.moviegenreicons.transparent)">$INFO[ListItem.Label,resource://resource.images.moviegenreicons.transparent/,.png]</value>
        <value>$INFO[ListItem.Label,special://skin/extras/genre/,.png]</value>
    </variable>
Nice one , works fine , have decompiled that texture.xbt
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dsljv4vrd6mac...i_Q3a?dl=0
Don't know whether it is a quirk of me using a mac , but I had to change "jpg" to "png" on all the images to get them to show in kodi.
Genre Icons.  Image
(2021-12-15, 10:02)the_other_guy Wrote: can not get ... to show on top bar
For me the colors of the temperature are not important. Combining the timestamp and the temps would be a nice-to-have. But if that's a no-no, then that's okay. It's no biggie.
there seem to be a bug
deleting  <value>DefaultGenre.png</value> worked

<value condition="System.HasAddon(resource.images.moviegenreicons.transparent)">$INFO[ListItem.Label,resource://resource.images.moviegenreicons.transparent/,.png]</value>

</variable>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Estuary: resize (shrink) main menu's width to occupy less real estate0