no audio -- stuck muted
I am using ver 18.8  on an android box.. All was working fine and now there is no audio.. I have tried to reset all setting in audio setting and the volume is up, but no sound.  I the upper right hand  of the screen there is a "red speaker icon" with hash mark indicating muted.  I can not get this off and it shows up as soon as KODI is opened..  Where is the setting to fix this. no sound on any program.   Audio works on other programs not running in KODI so it must be a setting in KODI.  

I didn't realize that I had changed any setting previously to this starting.  I have also reset the android box and other programs sound is OK.

If I do an uninstall and reinstall will I lose my items (programs) ??
Try F8 on your keyboard
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-08-31, 02:09)Karellen Wrote: Try F8 on your keyboard

Thank you, it is on a TV thru and android stb no keyboard or F8 that i can find.

thanks, keep the help coming
Start to play a video then go to Audio settings on the OSD see https://kodi.wiki/view/Video_playback#Audio_Settings and see what volume is set to, for normal operation it should set to 0.0dB
(2020-08-31, 04:35)jjd-uk Wrote: Start to play a video then go to Audio settings on the OSD see https://kodi.wiki/view/Video_playback#Audio_Settings and see what volume is set to, for normal operation it should set to 0.0dB

Thanks still no audio. I have deleted the KODI now.  I will try to reinstall it later.
Reinstallation won't help Post your Debug Log and speculation can end - else: not.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-08-31, 18:37)fritsch Wrote: Reinstallation won't help Post your Debug Log and speculation can end - else: not.
Thank you...but   

The reinstall did help...audio is back.

Imy problem now is the banner on startup abut VPN keeps popping up. I have tried to change setting in video and no luck. It keeps popping up.

How can up turn this message off....i have the VPN but still get the message.  What a frustrating game they play... Whats the point of the banner?
As Kodi does not require any such functionality and does not include it, then it's obviously something you've installed.

It also isn't something we support - see our VPN policy (wiki) for details.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
no audio -- stuck muted0