Showcase improvements?
Now fanart is working with the latest versions of XBMC it's a bit of a shame that such a big part is covered by the DVD's themselves. By lowering the "table" a little bit on which the DVD's are standing.

If the selected DVD can move 2 cases to the left and 2 to the right it will also show more of the center of the picture. I have a feeling it makes the whole thing a bit more natural as well because there's too much change at once to give the impression of movement... (when the background changes)..

Maybe a small delay for the background? Puts less stress on the hardware and makes it a bit more mellow as well.

And what about semi-transparent cases for those movies without an icon?
unfinished sentence: By lowering the "table" a little bit on which the DVD's are standing you'll get more fanart. (I'm talking about a little bit)
PS holding down the trigger-button should be fluent... (no background changes)
Especially a little delay (and fade in?) in showing fanart would speed-up scrolling significantly during scrolling.
Moreover it's more pleasant to the eye as you only get it after you have stopped at a specific movie....
BTW....

Is this something that has to be implemented in Aeon or in XBMC?
frater Wrote:Especially a little delay (and fade in?) in showing fanart would speed-up scrolling significantly during scrolling.
Moreover it's more pleasant to the eye as you only get it after you have stopped at a specific movie....

there is a delay when you're using the library mode.

/regards Tomas
The delay might not be enough for the xbox? Can your xbox scroll fast through all the movies without ever stopping once?
well I can scroll fast in showcase mode, but when I press the trigger fully, it goes to fast for the xbox to keep it smooth. But this has nothing to do with the fanart since it's not trying to load it until 3s after I have stopped at a movie. Again, this is in librarymode, if you browsing through files it loads the fanart right away.
a little off topic, but does anyone know how to set a button on a remote to do the analog scrolling like when you pull the triggers on the xbox controller? I have buttons mapped to the page up/page down functions, but it just jumps 3 or 4 movies at a time, still slow and jerky....
joebrady Wrote:a little off topic, but does anyone know how to set a button on a remote to do the analog scrolling like when you pull the triggers on the xbox controller? I have buttons mapped to the page up/page down functions, but it just jumps 3 or 4 movies at a time, still slow and jerky....

Hey I am working on mapping some buttons too, but so far I am lost. I have a thread going
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35741

You should be able to use the information to do what you want.
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Showcase improvements?0