KODI18 - Different sources are mixed in library (for TV Shows only)
Hello,
I have created two sources (one from my NAS, one from my remote server, so different paths) and two smart playlists.
I want to display the smart playlist A for the source A and I want to display the smart playlist B for the source B.

On the two sources there are the same TV Shows. When I update my library for my source A everything is fine, the TV show is displayed correctly on the smart playlist A.
If I update my library for my source B (same TV show), the episodes are added in the smart playlist A.

I'm doing the same thing for movies, and it works fine. So I was expecting for the TV shows to work the same way. Unfortunately, it is not the case.

I was expecting, even if it is the same TV Show, to display in the smartplay list A, the TV shows from source A (path is smb://XXXX), the good TV shows, and same thing for smart playlist B, the TV shows from source B (path is ftp://XXXX).

I have created an issue on the github but @KarellenX told me that is not an issue and I should ask on the forum.
So, I would like to understand what can I do to have in each smart playlist,  the same TV show.

Can you help me please ?
What rules are you using in your playlists? Have you tried a rule like 'Path contains smb://'; and 'Path contains ftp://'. That might work, I've never tried it though.

Also, for what you are doing maybe using Video nodes would be a better option.
(2020-10-28, 21:12)FXB78 Wrote: What rules are you using in your playlists? Have you tried a rule like 'Path contains smb://'; and 'Path contains ftp://'. That might work, I've never tried it though.

Yep, that's exactly what I'm doing.
For Movie it's OK. Not for TV Shows.
TV Shows are a bit different, as you have both TV Shows & Episodes as options. Without seeing what you are doing it's difficult to say where it's going wrong, but I also think nodes might work better than playlists.
Like FXB78 stated, tv shows work differently. Kodi intentionally combines the same tv show if it is located in multiple sources.

Can you explain what the difference is between the two tv shows in the two sources. Different language? Different resolution?

And are they both scanned/scraped into the library? If they are, then they are combined and cannot be separated.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-10-28, 21:27)Karellen Wrote: Like FXB78 stated, tv shows work differently. Kodi intentionally combines the same tv show if it is located in multiple sources.

Can you explain what the difference is between the two tv shows in the two sources. Different language? Different resolution?

And are they both scanned/scraped into the library? If they are, then they are combined and cannot be separated.

There is no difference, I wanted to use the second source if my remote server is unreachable.
Yes they are scanned into the library.
So I can't separate them ?
Kodi wasn't designed for what you are after. Movies are simple and work because they are separate, stand alone entries with no connection to other movies. TV Shows are a virtual entry and it is the episodes that create a tv show. Lots of episodes need to be combined to create the show, and that is what Kodi does, scans for all the episodes that belong to a tv show, regardless of where and how you save them.

It can be done, but it is a lot of effort, and I think it would be easier to find another solution for your "unreachable remote server" issue. But I'll give you the pointer how to do and its up to you if it is worth all the work....
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2899429
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Ok I understand how Kodi works for TV shows now.

Thanks to both of you. I'll take a look to the link you posted.
Thank you again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI18 - Different sources are mixed in library (for TV Shows only)0