Android Connection refused ssh
I run kodi on firestick the most recent version. 18.6 I think.
I see you can login via ssh and browse files on kodi. I have search but cant find information on this.
When i try with putty I get connection refused.

I can ping the kodi, and I can run the http: server from computer with right password. I enabled login screen, although it never asks me the login password.

Where have i gone wrong ??

thank you.
Thread moved to Android.

SSH is not a function of Kodi, it's a function of the underlying OS on certain devices and installation types (e.g. LibreElec and OSMC).

Kodi does not provide an SSH server, that would be something you'd have to install separately (and I don't know if such a thing is available on a Firestick at all).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thank you for setting me straight on the right group.

Also thanks for making it straight that there is no ssh for Kodi/Android Firestick, I did search and your right there does not appear to be any app for SSH Firestick/Adndroid.

My confusion was added to because there is "SSH File Transfer Protocal Support" But I'm learning that this is not what I want which is well SSH, via a login in to kodi.
Not sure how else to say it but Hopefully you know what  I mean, and others who may be searching for this learn from my mistake.

I will have to use some sort of File explorer to do what I want.
Regards
or adb shell over tcp

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Connection refused ssh0