[SOLVED] Want to confirm backup and restore steps before messing up things
LibreELEC
source: Leia 18.5
destination: Leia 18.9

https://kodi.wiki/view/Backup

I found this ^ wiki page that lists the steps, but I just want to double check before I start doing things.

Kodi is going on a new to me HTPC (Dell 9020 SFF) and the most important thing about this install is keeping the collections and title edits I've made. Adding sources from my NAS devices and scraping is easy, and most importantly, hands off. Start the scrape and walk away. But if I had to go back through every edited tv series and make changes, plus recreate movie collections, hiyaaaa. 

Will the backup and restore process listed above preserve my custom work?

Does the version on the source device have to be the same version as the destination device?
(2020-11-26, 01:47)brokenangel Wrote: Will the backup and restore process listed above preserve my custom work?
Yes. Make sure you use the Separate Files method as this is more versatile and foolproof. See this page instead... https://kodi.wiki/view/Import-export_library/Video
To satisfy yourself, after you run the Export, open an nfo file that you know should contain some of your updated info and confirm it is there.

(2020-11-26, 01:47)brokenangel Wrote: Does the version on the source device have to be the same version as the destination device?
Versions don't matter with nfo files. Anything the import process does not recognise, it ignores and moves on. So if you try to import a v19 created nfo file, into v14 Kodi, it will work, but a some of the newer tags will not be imported.

Also, you don't mention Artwork. If you have local artwork do not export artwork as part of the export process. And if you want your playcounts imported, ensure you add those tags into the advancedsettings.xml file.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Does this look correct? I adjusted seek times way back when I first installed XBMC.
xml:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
-<advancedsettings>
-<video>
<usetimeseeking>true</usetimeseeking>
<smallstepbackseconds>7</smallstepbackseconds>
<timeseekforward>5</timeseekforward>
<timeseekbackward>-5</timeseekbackward>
<timeseekforwardbig>600</timeseekforwardbig>
<timeseekbackwardbig>-600</timeseekbackwardbig>
<percentseekforward>2</percentseekforward>
<percentseekbackward>-2</percentseekbackward>
<percentseekforwardbig>10</percentseekforwardbig>
<percentseekbackwardbig>-10</percentseekbackwardbig>
</video>
-<videolibrary>
<exportautothumbs>true</exportautothumbs>
<!-- Export auto-generated thumbs. Default = false. Change to true to allow export -->
<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
<!-- Import Last Played and Play Counts. Default = false. Change to true to allow import -->
<importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
<!-- Import Resume Points. Default = false. Change to true to allow import -->
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>
(2020-11-26, 02:07)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-11-26, 01:47)brokenangel Wrote: Will the backup and restore process listed above preserve my custom work?
Yes. Make sure you use the Separate Files method as this is more versatile and foolproof. See this page instead... https://kodi.wiki/view/Import-export_library/Video
To satisfy yourself, after you run the Export, open an nfo file that you know should contain some of your updated info and confirm it is there.
The export is running, but I was able to confirm a movie has the correct collection that I created. It's called a set in the .nfo, of course.
(2020-11-28, 08:02)brokenangel Wrote: Does this look correct?

-<advancedsettings>
-<video>
-<videolibrary>

Not sure where those dash chars come from, but they shouldn't be there.
(2020-11-28, 09:17)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-11-28, 08:02)brokenangel Wrote: Does this look correct?

-<advancedsettings>
-<video>
-<videolibrary>

Not sure where those dash chars come from, but they shouldn't be there.

That's the way to open the section. If I open the .xml file in IE, for example, I can expand or contract a section.

If I right click the file and choose edit, WordPad opens the .xml and the option to expand or contract is not there.
(2020-11-28, 09:26)brokenangel Wrote: If I right click the file and choose edit, WordPad opens the .xml
Hmmm, there are worse

(2020-11-28, 09:26)brokenangel Wrote: If I open the .xml file in IE,
and don't use that...

Try this... https://notepad-plus-plus.org/
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
The export took about 14 hours (~40k files). Only one item couldn't export, no big deal. I chose the movie share on my NAS as the location for exporting the data because I couldn't determine if somewhere else was better.

Import has been chugging along for 12 hours.

Here are a couple .nfo files; one from T and one from movies.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<movie>
    <title>90 Minutes</title>
    <originaltitle>90 Minutter</originaltitle>
        <set>
        <name>Norge</name>
    </set>

Unless the import has to complete before the movie set is finalized, there isn't a Norge Collection created.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<episodedetails>
    <title>Episode 2</title>
    <showtitle>Gladbeck - GER</showtitle>

Same for this one. TV has completed the import, but the title is Gladbeck. Well, it was GladPack. The series dir on my server named Gladbeck scraped as GladPack. tvdb scraper. haha
(2020-11-29, 09:39)brokenangel Wrote: The export took about 14 hours (~40k files).

40K files, 14 hours...? What are you using for video storage, clay tablets?
I have roughly 11 K files, and export is done (with overwrite) in under 8 minutes.
(2020-11-29, 10:21)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-11-29, 09:39)brokenangel Wrote: The export took about 14 hours (~40k files).

40K files, 14 hours...? What are you using for video storage, clay tablets?
I have roughly 11 K files, and export is done (with overwrite) in under 8 minutes.
Not using clay tablets.
I'm not sure I understand how the .actors dir, .nfo, thumbs, and fanart get integrated into the update library process. After the export, I then updated the library from the source. Doing this doesn't appear to have used the exported data at all.
(2020-11-29, 21:49)brokenangel Wrote: After the export, I then updated the library from the source. Doing this doesn't appear to have used the exported data at all.
If you exported then immediately ran an Update Library, then yes nothing will change. Update Library does not touch existing library entries.
My Signature
The refresh option appears to only be available from a series, not for an entire library. So I’m stuck updating each series one at a time?
Found it
(2020-11-29, 22:03)brokenangel Wrote: he refresh option appears to only be available from a series, not for an entire library. So I’m stuck updating each series one at a time?
But why would you want to run a Refresh? If you just ran an Export, and now trying to run a Refresh, then nothing will change. It is exactly the same information you had before the export.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] Want to confirm backup and restore steps before messing up things0