• 5(current)
[PATCH] Philips Ambilight-like RGB-Output on SmartXX
i have build it this weekend.
well.... IT IS GREAT Cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2wJpMNYl1c
http://www.xbmcnerds.com - german xbmc community
Looks great! *me wants it*

I searched the XBMC forum for Atmolight and found exactly 3 threads. Not that much.
Here, I understood that Boblight is special? for the XBOX port of XBMC?

I have the Atmolight hardware available. Is there any idea how to use this in combination with the linux port?

Thanks a lot!
Marcus
I think atmolight and boblight grap their information somewhere below xbmc at driver level or something, at least, both of them don't have a direct connection to xbmc (afaik) and so you probably find more answers to your questions at the vendors website.

Something else: I've nearly finished a new patch (only needs some cleanup stuff) which uses the HSV-color model and Histogramms to separate the major color from a frame which brings a much improved color experience, compared to the former averageing thing. Is there still interest in this function (= is there any chance, that this will ever make it into SVN)? In that case, I would force it to an end now, otherwise I'm probably lazy :p

cheers
lagwagon667
yes, svn integration would be very nice.
i'm "dreaming" of a special settings side, like we have for the lcd-panels.

- Ambilight ON/OFF
- Use "mac-breathing-effect" while listening too music
- maybe a vu-meter for music?
- just editting the stuff you write to the advancedsettings.xml...

there are a lot of possiblitys even with skinning.
every button can have its own light-colour.
(which is allready integrated and working... and quite cool to play with)
http://www.xbmcnerds.com - german xbmc community
Maybe the author of boblight will be so kind to implement it.
Hi lagwagon,

please submit a patch at least, so that others (like me) can patch their local copies and your code can live on on!

BOB.SMITH

P.S i'm not using dioders any more i'm now using CCFL
hi there, I'll post a patch soon

cheers
lagwagon667
bobo1on1 Wrote:Maybe the author of boblight will be so kind to implement it.

Just tell me when to start begging ;-)
This will not work with the newest svn.
lagwagon667 Wrote:hi there, I'll post a patch soon

cheers
lagwagon667

any eta?
Hi, sorry for the delay, wanted to clean it up first, but don't have time. Posted whats in my wc right now on trac. It builds with the latest svn again.
enjoy it,

cheers
lagwagon667
building it right now. Thanks! What did you add with the home.xml?
hi there,

I put in just some onfocus commands. also changed the pwmcontrol(#xxxxxx) behaviour, it now transists smoothly from the recent color to the new color instead of just switching on the new color. So while in the menu, the leds will have a custom color for each menu entry, when you start (focus on video), the leds turn red, if you go down to music, they smoothly transit into green etc. You might want to replace some of the onfocuses with other colors or pwmcolor commands, I put alot in there for testing purposes.

cheers
lagwagon667
I cant seem to get that feature to work. I am using the pm3 skin however nothing hapeens when i goto movies
can you check whether there really are <onfocus> tags in your home.xml? Also make sure you use the old plain Pm3 Skin, not PM3.HD (of course you can easily adapt this "feature" to any alternative skin you want)
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[PATCH] Philips Ambilight-like RGB-Output on SmartXX1