Estuary remove blue background blur
Thanks ! I will try this later... I also would like to know if it is possible to do that on my Android tv ? Have I to post a message on the Android sub forum ?
(2021-02-01, 13:35)Bungee_G Wrote: Thanks ! I will try this later... I also would like to know if it is possible to do that on my Android tv ? Have I to post a message on the Android sub forum ?

In that case I'd advise something slightly different.

Copy the whole of the skin.estuary folder and place the copy into the addons folder within the Kodi data folder see https://kodi.wiki/view/Kodi_data_folder then edit the addon.xml this line https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...don.xml#L2

For example change from

xml:
<addon id="skin.estuary" version="3.0.5" name="Estuary" provider-name="phil65, Ichabod Fletchman">

to

xml:
<addon id="skin.estuary.mod" version="3.0.5" name="Estuary Mod" provider-name="phil65, Ichabod Fletchman">

Note the addon id must match the folder name so in this case the folder would also need to be renamed from skin.estuary to skin.estuary.mod. The name change can be anything you want, this is the text display in the addon/skin listings to identify the skin so you enable the correct one and make it distinct from the original Estuary in the listings.

The benefit of this is you make your changes on effectively a new skin so the original is left untouched for easy reversion and will make import onto Android easier. After you done this then you will need to enable your skin mod in Myaddons however if you've done the copying of files while Kodi was still open then you'll need to restart Kodi for it to detect the new addon files in your Kodi data folder.

When it comes to using on the Android device then you simply need to copy across to the addons folder within the Kodi data folder there using either an Android file manager or the built in Kodi File Manager.
I didn’t understand everything, so what I have to do is to copy the skin.estuary folder from Kodi on my pc ? And to do everything from my pc by using your first tutorial ? Then I copy on Kodi on my Android tv everything ? And to use the skin after that I go to addons >feel then skin then I will find the estuary mod, am I right ?
(2021-02-01, 15:39)Bungee_G Wrote: I didn’t understand everything, so what I have to do is to copy the skin.estuary folder from Kodi on my pc ? And to do everything from my pc by using your first tutorial ? Then I copy on Kodi on my Android tv everything ? And to use the skin after that I go to addons >feel then skin then I will find the estuary mod, am I right ?

Yep that's basically it.

Once you feel ready to transfer to the Android device, that's if you get to the stage where you're happy with making the changes and the end result on your pc, then feel free to ping me using the @Username forum function if you need any further clarifications.

As this thread is about mod'ing Estuary I'm going to move across to the dedicated Estuary subforum as there's nothing here that is OS specific.
@jjd-uk so I just tried on my pc and the default color was FF0E597E so it means that the transparency was already at at 100%, am I right ? and I can't get higher ? Is it possible for example to put on your webiste 150% so it give in hex 17F ?
Apologies for jumping in on this thread but @jjd-uk , what do you mean by correct forum for OS ?
I have been using a mac to view kodi for years , is the forum available in different OS options ?
(2021-02-01, 18:01)Bungee_G Wrote: @jjd-uk so I just tried on my pc and the default color was FF0E597E so it means that the transparency was already at at 100%, am I right ? and I can't get higher ? Is it possible for example to put on your webiste 150% so it give in hex 17F ?

No scale is 00 - 0% - image is completely see through, to where FF - 100% - image is completely solid

You don't want 00 for 0% for completely see through as that will cause a black background where there's no fanart, so you need to choose a percentage in-between 0& and 100%

So more examples:

25% transparency means 75% of image code BF
50% transparency means 50% of image code 80
75% transparency means 25% of image code 40
(2021-02-01, 18:14)ontap Wrote: Apologies for jumping in on this thread but @jjd-uk , what do you mean by correct forum for OS ?
I have been using a mac to view kodi for years , is the forum available in different OS options ?
No, he means there are dedicated OS sections of the forum -> https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111
(2021-02-01, 18:14)ontap Wrote: Apologies for jumping in on this thread but @jjd-uk , what do you mean by correct forum for OS ?
This thread was original posted in Windows subforum.

Normally the OS specific forums are for issues that are likely to be specific to the OS but it is not rigorously enforced.

The topic subforums are for issues specific to that topic that are likely to be the same no matter what OS platform is being run on and again not rigorously enforced.

However as soon as Bungee_G mentioned they have multiple OS platforms they'll want to do these changes on, I decided this was more suited to this the Estuary subforum as what was being discussed was not specific to Kodi on Windows, and if there were are platform specific questions they'd be multi-platform in nature, so again not Windows only.

I also figured the guidance I've given others maybe interested in, thus maybe more discoverable by other users if the discussion was happening here on the Estuary subforum.
(2021-02-01, 18:40)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2021-02-01, 18:01)Bungee_G Wrote: @jjd-uk so I just tried on my pc and the default color was FF0E597E so it means that the transparency was already at at 100%, am I right ? and I can't get higher ? Is it possible for example to put on your webiste 150% so it give in hex 17F ?

No 100% means it's solid, you don't want 00 for 0% either for completely see through as that will cause a black background where there's no fanart.

So more examples:

25% transparency means 75% of image code BF
50% transparency means 50% of image code 80
75% transparency means 25% of image code 40

So if I want to see clearer my fanart, I have to put the transparency to 25%, am I right ?
Yes, the lower the percentage then the more transparent the overlay image is and thus more of the underlaying fanart you'll see.
Okay thanks... I tried to create the keyboard.xml in the keymaps folder that I created in program files/Kodi/userdata... but when I click on f5 the skin color doesn’t change, I have to reboot Kodi everytime
(2021-02-01, 19:21)Bungee_G Wrote: Okay thanks... I tried to create the keyboard.xml in the keymaps folder that I created in program files/Kodi/userdata... but when I click on f5 the skin color doesn’t change, I have to reboot Kodi everytime

Sounds like you're putting it in the wrong place.

In Windows open Run (shortcut is Win key + R at same time) type in

%APPDATA%\Kodi\userdata

Then open keymaps folder which by default won't contain any files.

Oh yes thanks ! I went in program file instead of app data
There is now another problem... The background main screen appear black... Is it possible to only remove the overlay of from the fanart without removing the text overlay ? Or only to remove the overlay while there is a fanart (not necessarily if I am on the Home Screen)
@jjd-uk

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Estuary remove blue background blur0