Estuary remove blue background blur
That's exactly what I was trying to warn you about. What are your changes?
I only changed the color and the transparency, I put the transpancy to 0% so 00 but if I augment this percentage, the fanart still has the overlay... Isn't there a hex code for the transparent color ?(Even if it’s not really a color)...If it is possible to delete the overlay on the fanart without removing it from the text and on the main menu, it would be nice
(2021-02-02, 14:38)Bungee_G Wrote: I only changed the color and the transparency, I put the transpancy to 0% so 00 but if I augment this percentage, the fanart still has the overlay... Isn't there a hex code for the transparent color ?(Even if it’s not really a color)...If it is possible to delete the overlay on the fanart without removing it from the text and on the main menu, it would be nice

Well that's what I told you before, that's it's not possible to completely remove the overlay other wise it'll cause the black background effect, I explicitly said not to 00 for 0% because of this. I'd perhaps try 80FFFFFF which gives 50% transpareny (80) with a white tint (FFFFFF) to the overlay, the white tint should have minimal effect on the fanart, then adjust transparency to suit, or pick some other colour with info I provided previously.
Actually perhaps more correct would be to say it's would only be possible to completely remove the overlay with major edits to the skin. So if you can't get close to what you want with the simple transparency and colour tint edits then you'd be better off looking for another skin closer to you needs.
Something else to maybe try is changing the image used for the overlay.

For example Estuary ships with these colour image files

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/tree/master...dia/colors

So for example I can do

xml:
<texture colordiffuse="3FFFFFFF">colors/white.png</texture>

So that's a white overlay at 25% (or 75% transparency)

Gives:

Also make sure there no background pattern set in Skin settings

Note the background is a grey because the default canvas is black, so it's a white overlay on a black canvas giving the grey. If you want increased contrast so background is not so dark you need to increase the percentage so more of the white remains, however in doing that you'll also get more white over the fanart, so it's a balancing act between seeing the most of the fanart in it's natural state as you can, while having sufficient contrast for the text elements, and not having the background too dark.
I've also just remember there a transparency applied directly to the fanart here:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master....xml#L1097

At the moment being 37 it is 22% visible (78% see through) increase that percentage for more of the natural state of the fanart is to retained, to me the sweetspot would seem to be between 80 (50%) and 98 (60%) as if you set the percentage any higher to my eyes at least the fanart starts to overwhelm the text so it becomes difficult to make out.

For example 60%

xml:
<texture background="true" colordiffuse="98FFFFFF">$VAR[MediaFanartVar]</texture>

gives

That includes what I advised above, so also retaining:

xml:
Oh yes thanks ! Now the fanart is transparent but do you know a way to make the overlay home screen (the one on your screenshot) in a different color than the one while I am browsing into my TV shows (so into my fanarts)
So I would like if possible for example to make the home screen blue but keeping the changes made for the fanarts (so they still appear transparent)
Also I didn't understand what this line change because I don't see any differences when I change the color value
(2021-02-02, 19:02)Bungee_G Wrote: Oh yes thanks ! Now the fanart is transparent but do you know a way to make the overlay home screen (the one on your screenshot) in a different color than the one while I am browsing into my TV shows (so into my fanarts)
So I would like if possible for example to make the home screen blue but keeping the changes made for the fanarts (so they still appear transparent)
All you need to do is make the two xml changes then leave Settings/Interface/Colours as Skin default. That will enable the fanart & keep the Blue background/menus.
Thanks but what I meant is to make this background blue as default instead of black and that without changing the settings I did for the fanartsImage
(2021-02-02, 19:29)Bungee_G Wrote: Thanks but what I meant is to make this background blue as default instead of black and that without changing the settings I did for the fanartsImage
I just tested it by only making the changes exactly as they are in post #37 & my background is Blue. Maybe start again making just those two changes.
I am a little bit lost... So what I have to do is to change the color of these 3 lines:
 <texture background="true" colordiffuse="98FFFFFF">$VAR[MediaFanartVar]</texture>
 <texture colordiffuse="FFFFFFFF">special://skin/extras/backgrounds/primary.jpg</texture>
 <texture colordiffuse="3FFFFFFF">colors/white.png</texture> but I don't understand what this last line change ?

But what I would like to do is to put the background color to FF0E597E in the home screen but while I am brownsing the TV Show so the fanarts, it  uses the above settings

Or if possible to make totally transparent the fanart, so to put FFFFFFFF instead of 98FFFFFF<texture background="true" colordiffuse="98FFFFFF">$VAR[MediaFanartVar]</texture> but with the texts that I can see well
You're over-complicating it, start again and just change these two lines:

xml:

xml:
(2021-02-02, 19:39)FXB78 Wrote:
(2021-02-02, 19:29)Bungee_G Wrote: Thanks but what I meant is to make this background blue as default instead of black and that without changing the settings I did for the fanartsImage
I just tested it by only making the changes exactly as they are in post #37 & my background is Blue. Maybe start again making just those two changes.

But if I only change these 2 lines , the fanart still appear blue

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Estuary remove blue background blur0