Refresh movies informations while keeping modified titles ?
Hello there !

I'm pretty new to Kodi, I'm still learning how it works overall and did a lot of progress to solve my problems reading these forums, thanks to the community providing helpful answers !

I'm posting right now looking for help, as I do have a problem but couldn't find exactly a answer...

So, my library is now almost completely scanned, got all my movies correctly scrapped (using Universal Scrapper for this), after a lot of manual editing to find the ones not correctly scrapped...

My library is organized in a specific way, movie titles actually. I like to have the international title first, then, using parenthesis, the original title. It goes like this for example.

Deep Red (Profondo Rosso)
The Killer (喋血双雄)
Stalker (Сталкер)

I manually edited my library to match this specific title format.

Right now, I would like to refresh some infos on my library, example, new artworks recently added to databases, corrected plots, new informations added...

Doing this, I can't keep the titles I edited in my library. All informations are refreshed, but the title goes back to the original one found using the scrapper.

My question is: is there a way to refresh my library, but simply keep the edited titles for my movies ? Re-editing the titles manually is tedious... especially when it's already done...

Hope my question is clear ! Thanks !
Try

Settings/Media/General/Allow file renaming and deletion - unchecked.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2021-02-24, 22:31)brazen1 Wrote: Try

Settings/Media/General/Allow file renaming and deletion - unchecked.

Already checked when I did my initial configurations before doing anything... Doesn't work unfortunately.
(2021-02-24, 22:01)PhobosAnomaly Wrote: Doing this, I can't keep the titles I edited in my library. All informations are refreshed, but the title goes back to the original one found using the scrapper.
In the library, no there is no way to automatically keep your filename as the movie title.

In file view, you can display the original filename by disabling item 2.2... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Videos#Files

(2021-02-24, 22:01)PhobosAnomaly Wrote: after a lot of manual editing to find the ones not correctly scrapped...
Use a Parsing NFO file... https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files#Parsing_nfo
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I suggest checking out the "supplementary tools" forum for Media Companion v3.  You can export your library to separate nfo files, then using Media Companion it has options to rescrape just specific items, not the whole nfo.

An alternative is to do some skin hacking, as Kodi offers labels for title and originaltitle, if your scraping provides the title and originaltitle you want.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Refresh movies informations while keeping modified titles ?0