Kodi on Sony Android TV (4k): No option higher than 1080
I got a new Sony Android TV, model x900H, and I am trying to get Kodi to playback 4k/HDR content on it but so far it’s been a dud. I noticed it’s max resolution is 1080.

Am I missing a particular setting here or is this device not capable of running Kodi at 4k?
To my understanding it is only the resolution output of the UI and you can play 4K videos just fine.  All my 4K Android TV's did the same, people have tested it theirselves if it was actually true 4K and were positive about it.
Also to verify if a video actually has HDR go to action menu, video and there should be a pane saying 'Apps HDR'
Cheers, thomiehawk!

Can you elaborate how to check for HDR playback?
Which action menu are you referring to? Kodi or some other Android tv action menu I am not aware of.
(2021-03-17, 23:35)ozkhan1 Wrote: Cheers, thomiehawk!

Can you elaborate how to check for HDR playback?
Which action menu are you referring to? Kodi or some other Android tv action menu I am not aware of.

On my Sony Android TVs there is a button labelled 'Action Menu' on the remote (its one of the buttons around the D-pad along with GUIDE, APPS, BACK, TV and HOME) that brings up a TV UI where you can enter the various picture, sound menus without having to navigate via the Android TV Home menu. (It's a much quicker way to get to TV picture and sound control stuff)
I get it. ON my remote it’s just a button with the gear icon on it. And yeah when I click it, I don’t see hdr on for hdr content.

What Kodi setting do I need to check for hdr playback?
Damn, I just saw your answer now, more than a year later. To answer your question, HDR is always enabled in kodi. Make sure the video file says HDR in the name and not just 10 bit.

Hope this is still of any help to you, despite the long delay

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi on Sony Android TV (4k): No option higher than 10800