v19 Play a (smart) music playlist directly from widget?
Is there a way to have a widget with music smart playlists that lets you select a playlist that will then start playing instead of opening/viewing the playlist?

I have tried this two ways: making a widget directly pointing to music playlists and using the Super Favourites addon with a folder filled with playlists. Super Favorites is set to play playlists but doesn't.
(2021-07-22, 12:04)djgreedo Wrote: Is there a way to have a widget with music smart playlists that lets you select a playlist that will then start playing instead of opening/viewing the playlist?

I have tried this two ways: making a widget directly pointing to music playlists and using the Super Favourites addon with a folder filled with playlists. Super Favorites is set to play playlists but doesn't.
Imho it is not possible to play a playlist directly from a widget without opening it.
(2021-07-22, 18:19)beatmasterrs Wrote: Imho it is not possible to play a playlist directly from a widget without opening it.
Thanks. That's not what I wanted to hear, but at least I can stop spending energy on trying to get it to work!
I have figured out a way to do this!

You can create a custom widget from the Customise Home Menu screen. When choosing a widget, select the Custom Widget > option. Then you have the option to customise the widget, and you can then add playlists to it and also choose if the playlist will display or play or play in party mode when clicked. You can also add an image as a thumbnail.

This takes a little bit of time to setup as you have to go through setting up each playlist individually, but it's working perfectly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Play a (smart) music playlist directly from widget?0