Game Over
It looks like Cox turned on DRM for all extended (not local / OTA) channels, meaning all national cable outlets like USA, TBS, Discovery, news channels, etc.  CCI = Copy Once, CCI <> Copy Freely.  The word is this is permanent across their network, so a good chunk of Kodi just died for me and others.

Ironically, WMC still works but you're limited to that host PC so no more RP/OSMC remote access.

This really sucks.
Win10 64-bit
Kodi 20.1 / Mimic-LR
Oh that's awful. Only a matter of time to get rid of cable card users gone..... Im still running my dual ceton 6 tuner setup but our days are numbered it seems
(2021-08-18, 03:15)JoshDi Wrote: Oh that's awful. Only a matter of time to get rid of cable card users gone..... Im still running my dual ceton 6 tuner setup but our days are numbered it seems
Yup it looks that way.  The irony is, Cox and other cable companies don't gain anything with DRM other than driving users to rental devices, but those of us blown up by DRM are more likely to just cancel than pony up for the additional cost.  Idiots.
Win10 64-bit
Kodi 20.1 / Mimic-LR
Sorry to hear that.  I agree that it seems like a lose-lose deal.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Oh man that sucks! I'd move somewhere else. 

I'm on Frontier/FiOS, HDHomerun CableCARD, RPi Kodi clients (LibreELEC). Any type of disruption would send me over a cliff.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Game Over0