Skip Steps
Hi,

I notice that when I press the navigate right or navigate left buttons on the Rempte. It skips 30 seconds.
When I press the show information button 'i' which displays the time slider on the tv it will skip as per my setup skip steps in Kodi. (Ie. +3 min, +5 min, +10 min, -30sec, -1min, -10min)
Is there a way to have the navigate right and navigate left buttons skip as per the kodi skip steps, without having to press the 'i' ?

Thanks
(2021-09-26, 06:40)ChooksRule Wrote: Hi,

I notice that when I press the navigate right or navigate left buttons on the Rempte. It skips 30 seconds.
When I press the show information button 'i' which displays the time slider on the tv it will skip as per my setup skip steps in Kodi. (Ie. +3 min, +5 min, +10 min, -30sec, -1min, -10min)
Is there a way to have the navigate right and navigate left buttons skip as per the kodi skip steps, without having to press the 'i' ?

Thanks
I just took a look into the App's source code. When the (i) button was pressed and the time bar is shown the App does not handle the seek anymore. The App only sends the UI navigation command ("navigate right") and Kodi server handles the seek. When the time bar is not shown the App sends "seek" commands which always uses +/-30 seconds or +/- 10 mins. To implement what you are having in mind, the App would need to read the Kodi server settings for seek steps and use them for the seek commands. I am not yet sure, if reading the seek step is supported by Kodi's API. In addition, this will be requiring quite some changes in the seek handling on the App's side. So: Not sure, if feasible, and not a simple change to do.

(2021-09-26, 10:07)Buschel Wrote: I just took a look into the App's source code. When the (i) button was pressed and the time bar is shown the App does not handle the seek anymore. The App only sends the UI navigation command ("navigate right") and Kodi server handles the seek. When the time bar is not shown the App sends "seek" commands which always uses +/-30 seconds or +/- 10 mins. To implement what you are having in mind, the App would need to read the Kodi server settings for seek steps and use them for the seek commands. I am not yet sure, if reading the seek step is supported by Kodi's API. In addition, this will be requiring quite some changes in the seek handling on the App's side. So: Not sure, if feasible, and not a simple change to do.

Thanks Buschel, That makes sense, it will save me time trying different approaches to acheive this.
Either what you suggest or perhaps another idea is being able to save the skip steps separately in the app as 3 ,5,10,-30,-1,-10. Is there a feature request page?
(2021-10-11, 02:41)ChooksRule Wrote: Thanks Buschel, That makes sense, it will save me time trying different approaches to acheive this.
Either what you suggest or perhaps another idea is being able to save the skip steps separately in the app as 3 ,5,10,-30,-1,-10. Is there a feature request page?
The best place for feature requests or bug reports is GitHub: https://github.com/xbmc/Official-Kodi-Remote-iOS/issues

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skip Steps0