Win Channels stop streaming after 30 seconds
I saw this problem passing by several times, but never found a real answer. I already did some things in finding a solution...

My setup:
I have a paid subscription to an iptv provider. Because they have too many channels that I don't need and Simple IPTV can not handle so many channels, I'm using m3u4u to only sync several channels.
When pasting the new m3u4u url in Simple IPTV client, it doesn't find any channels. So I'm using IPTV Merge add-on from MJH to be able to see the channels in Sumple IPTV.

So far so good, but when watching a stream, the stream suddenly stops after 30 sec - 1 min. Sometimes it can last longer until max 5 minutes.

So I thought:
- it could be because the provider is kicking me out but that's not possible neither since I'm using the m3u44-url on my ios-device using another iptv client and that same channel works flawlessly
- maybe there's something wrong with the settings? Bo because I did a clean install of Kodi and immediately tried the iptv
- maybe I need to local host it, but that can't be the reason since it only occurs to a few channels; not all channels...

This is my log: I hope it helps...
https://paste.kodi.tv/cuyekowoni.kodi
You can try ffmpegdirect to see if it’s any better. You just need to add a KODIPROP in your M3U.

I think it’s:

#KODIPROP:inputstream=inputstream.ffmpegdirect

Try it and see does it make a difference.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
(2021-10-15, 01:28)phunkyfish Wrote: You can try ffmpegdirect to see if it’s any better. You just need to add a KODIPROP in your M3U.

I think it’s:

Try it and see does it make a difference.

I load up the list via m3u4u and iptv merger addon. So it doesn't load up a file directly, it's using an m3u4u url
You should create an M3U file manually so you can test it. I.e. have a M3U file with only one channel that stops. Then try adding the ffmpegdirect KODIPROP to see it that is any better.
(2021-10-22, 17:44)phunkyfish Wrote: You should create an M3U file manually so you can test it. I.e. have a M3U file with only one channel that stops. Then try adding the ffmpegdirect KODIPROP to see it that is any better.

So I added the m3u file from m3u4u and loaded it on Kodi. Then I used iptv merge and while using a local file, the stream keeps on going and doesn’t suddenly stop.
Did you add the KODIPROP?
(2021-11-02, 00:50)phunkyfish Wrote: Did you add the KODIPROP?

no I didn't because the stream didn't stop without the KODIPROP. So I guess there's a problem when I link the playlist to the m3u4u url
(2021-11-02, 12:03)mr.pina Wrote:
(2021-11-02, 00:50)phunkyfish Wrote: Did you add the KODIPROP?

no I didn't because the stream didn't stop without the KODIPROP. So I guess there's a problem when I link the playlist to the m3u4u url

That would not make a difference. My guess is that iptvmerge fixes whatever causes the problem. You could check the M3U entry for when it doesn’t work and then again from when it does and see what’s different.
hi, Added kodi prop but still not working..any solution?
#EXTINF:0 group-title="English", & flix (4K)
#KODIPROP:http-reconnect=true
#KODIPROP:inputstream.ffmpegdirect.stream_mode=timeshift
#KODIPROP:inputstream.ffmpegdirect.is_realtime_stream=true
#KODIPROP:inputstream=inputstream.adaptive
https://m3u-editor.com/serve/0dc3f5e0-d0...1092123189
LOg file:
https://paste.kodi.tv/abesugiver.kodi
Your kodiprops try to set 2 different inputstreams.

You should try both inputstream.ffmpegdirect and inputstream.adaptive. But make sure they are used on different channels.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Channels stop streaming after 30 seconds0