19.3 hangs even after uninstall and bone stock re-install
I have the same issue others have posted.  It just 'stops' during normal operation.  Usually for about 8 seconds then resumes.

I started it one time after a fresh install and new settings database (i.e. deleted all my old settings) haven't even created or imported a library.  Here's the log.
Thanks!

https://paste.kodi.tv/tugigeqifa.kodi
The log provided has insufficient information, you will have to turn on logging in settings/system.
Ooops, Sorry.
It took a long time to start up this time. It paused a bit on shutdown which it usually does, but I wasn't able to get a significant hang otherwise.  I can keep trying if need be.
Here you go. Smile

https://paste.kodi.tv/ejihocahav.kodi
(2021-11-12, 02:58)PatK Wrote: The log provided has insufficient information, you will have to turn on logging in settings/system.
I saw your second reply in my email about turning off the windowed screen function.  Wonder why it didn't post here...  
Anyway, I'll try it and report back tonight.  Gotta go to stupid work now Smile
Thanks!
(2021-11-12, 13:41)oatmeal769 Wrote:
(2021-11-12, 02:58)PatK Wrote: The log provided has insufficient information, you will have to turn on logging in settings/system.
I saw your second reply in my email about turning off the windowed screen function.  Wonder why it didn't post here...  
Thanks!
Only thing I see in that log is in the main application thread 14712:

Code:
18:04:58.871 T:14712 DEBUG <general>: CFavourites::Load - no userdata favourites found, skipping 
18:04:58.871 T:10508 DEBUG <general>: Thread CWin32PowerStateWorker start, auto delete: false 
18:05:19.937 T:14712 DEBUG <general>: CWIN32Util::GetDriveStatus: Requesting status for drive \\.\E:.
but have no ideas about it.

scott s.
(2021-11-13, 00:13)scott967 Wrote:
(2021-11-12, 13:41)oatmeal769 Wrote:
Thanks!
Only thing I see in that log is in the main application thread 14712:

Code:
18:04:58.871 T:14712 DEBUG <general>: CFavourites::Load - no userdata favourites found, skipping 
18:04:58.871 T:10508 DEBUG <general>: Thread CWin32PowerStateWorker start, auto delete: false 
18:05:19.937 T:14712 DEBUG <general>: CWIN32Util::GetDriveStatus: Requesting status for drive \\.\E:.
but have no ideas about it.

scott s.
I'm still @ work haven't tried the screen thing yet...
But - What does 'GetDriveStatus' do?  Seeing that gave me an idea.  To the best of my knowledge, the freezing issue didn't start until I introduced a new, larger NAS to my system last week.  Kodi 'sees' it just fine, but could there be an issue with how I have that set up?
Here's a new log.  This time it was slow (30-45 sec.) to open the program and there was a noticeable freeze (10-sec.) when I went to add content to my library.

https://paste.kodi.tv/ebibakokoh.kodi
Afraid I can only tell you what I've told other users -- probably a system issue of some sort that is going to be hard to nail down.  I suggest installing the windows internals program procmon in order to get a better idea what is going on in your system when Kodi has these hangs. 

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
19.3 hangs even after uninstall and bone stock re-install0